Final Fantasy 15 Update Covers Chapter 13 Changes, Bug Fixes, And More
Final Fantasy XV has been updated.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
According to patch notes posted by Gematsu, the big addition in the new update are changes to the much-discussed Chapter 13. As announced previously by game director Hajime Tabata, this mission is changing to address the overall gameplay experience contained within the chapter.
"The direction of chapter 13's content was a deliberate decision made by the development team," Tabata said back in February. "That said, the amount of stress inflicted on the player while running through this chapter was greater than we had anticipated. We believe resolving this issue will naturally lead to a better gameplay experience."
The updates also include fixes for a number of bugs, while the 1.06 update specifically lays the groundwork for the Episode Gladiolus expansion that arrives on March 28. You can read more about this story expansion here.
Final Fantasy XV launched in November 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in November, going on to ship more than 6 million copies. At the Game Developers Conference, Square Enix showed a Final Fantasy XV tech demo running on PC, but this doesn't mean the game is confirmed for the new platform.
Final Fantasy 1.06 and 1.07 Updates:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from "Episode Gladiolus" downloadable content to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with "Episode Gladiolus" downloadable content
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org