Fight Night Round 4: December DLC Announced
SPORTS BLOG: The upcoming FN4 DLC pack is realer than Real Deal Holyfield. First details inside.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Fight Night Round 4 might not have knocked out the sales charts, but EA Sports has been actively supporting the game with DLC since its June release. Already we've seen two free patches, one of which reversed EA's much-maligned decision to focus only on stick controls by adding in the option for button controls. In late August, EA released a paid DLC pack adding boxers like Oscar De La Hoya and the Klitschko brothers to the game.
December will see even more DLC for the game, with a new pack that will add three new playable boxers--Bernard Hopkins, Sonny Liston, and Evander Holyfield--as well as two new game modes. From the EA Sports press release:
The first, Old School Rules brings a new take to the traditional boxing experience, while the second, Ring Rivalries, allows you to re-create some of the greatest match ups in boxing history.
It's not a lot of information to go on, but we hope to learn more details on the new modes in the coming weeks. This DLC pack will be available for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network this December and will run 800 MS points or $9.99, respectively.
While the additional DLC is relevant for veteran Fight Night 4 fans, there's also news for Fight Night 4 fence-sitters: EA has also announced that it has dropped the price of the 360 and PS3 versions of the game to $40. Good news all around.
[UPDATE] Over at EA Sports' official Fight Night Round 4 blog, producers for the game announced that, in addition to the paid-DLC described above, they will be releasing a free title update that will address gameplay issues, including the following:
Game Play Updates
- Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet
- Increased the stamina cost when continually punching
- Increased stamina loss when continually weaving
- Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement
- Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block
- Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent
- No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state
- Increased stamina cost of Haymakers
- Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head
- Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos
Create Player Updates
- Allow users to duplicate and edit ratings of licensed boxers
Online World Championship Updates
- Improved cheat detection logic
- Various Bug fixes