Far Cry Primal Day One Patch Adds "Expert Mode" and More
New uber-difficult setting cuts health in half and makes enemies deadlier than ever.
Far Cry Primal launched today and Ubisoft is already adding new things to it. The game's day one patch introduces a new difficulty setting--Expert Mode--as well as some other fixes and tweaks.
In a blog post, Ubisoft said the Expert Mode will "go all out and push you to the limits of your ability." Enemies will be more challenging and your character, Takkar, will be more vulnerable to attacks. These are just some of the changes introduced with the new uber-difficult setting.
"Expert Mode brings a bunch of changes to how the games works, which will truly test even the most hardcore player," Ubisoft said. "From reduced player aim assists to smarter enemy AI, you'll definitely need to be on top of your game to handle what Oros has to offer."
Primal's Expert Mode was first teased in January.
Expert Mode Changes:
- Players' health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map by default (they appear only if they are tagged).
- It takes the AI a longer time to "forget" you when you hide
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types (bow, club, spear)
- The player damage is reduced
Stability & Performance
- Optimization and stability have been improved
- Improved lighting
Weapons & HUD
- Improved reticle display
Wildlife & AI
- Improved beast companion behavior
- Fixed rare animation issues
- Improved visual of the mammoth when it destroys objects
- Improved animal fighting behavior when triggering a fight
Design & progression
- Tweaked and balanced XP rewards
- Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes
- Improved overall balancing
- Improved animations of weapons on fire
- Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night
- Improved player navigation and small collision issues
- Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com