Fan Tries to Preorder Fallout 4 With Bottle Caps
"Turns out 4.5 years of undergrad and three years in a Master's program leads to a lot of drinking."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Reddit user GatorMacheteJr explains:
"Fallout 3 was my favorite game for several years, so I made the rational choice to start saving up bottle caps. Turns out 4.5 years of undergrad and three years in a Master's program leads to a lot of drinking."
In all, GatorMacheteJr sent more than 2,000 bottle caps (weighing more than 11.2 pounds) in a box to Bethesda, in hopes that they would accept them as payment for a copy of the game.
Also included in the box was a note to Bethesda's PR department; you can read it in the gallery below.
It's not known if the box has reached Bethesda's offices in Maryland yet or if the company will actually honor the request. GatorMacheteJr says they'll keep everyone updated.
- Bethesda on New Fallout Mobile Game: "This Is Not About Making Money"
- Why Fallout 4 Is Set in Boston
- Fallout 4 Director: "Graphics Matter"
- Why Fallout 4 PC Mods are Coming to Xbox One Before PS4
- In Fallout 4, You Can't Kill Your Dog
- Fallout 4 and Fallout 3 Bundle Announced as Xbox One Exclusive at E3 2015
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com