Fallout 76 Updates Detailed: Stash Space, CAMP, Power Armor Bug, And More
Bethesda plans to support Fallout 76 for a long time to come.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Two major updates are coming to Fallout 76 in December, Bethesda has announced, the first of which lands on December 4. This update will increase the current Stash limit, and also fix bugs, improve performance and stability, and make some balance changes.
The Stash limit is rising from 400 to 600. That isn't a whole lot, and that's by design. Bethesda said it plans to increase it further after it can determine if the change won't have a negative impact on the game's overall stability. Also new in the update is changes to boss loot; specifically, taking down bosses will now earn players two or three items. The update also fixes an issue where players became stuck in power armor and those who die when overencumbered will now respawn back on the map instead of in Vault 76.
You can see highlights for the December 4 Fallout 76 patch below, as written by Bethesda. The full and complete patch notes are coming later. As for the December 11 patch, it will introduce push-to-talk chat on PC and allow players to respec their Special after level 50. The update will also add a new Camp item, the Bulldozer, while other Camp changes are planned. The patch highlights can be seen further down the page; the text was written by Bethesda.
Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- September 8-14, 2019 Nintendo Switch Update 9.0.0 Out Now - GS News Update Borderlands 3 - Craziest Guns We've Seen So Far Borderlands 3 Opening Cinematic Apple Reveals iPhone 11, Apple Arcade Price & Release Date - GS News Update Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare - Multiplayer Beta Trailer Great New 2019 PC Games To Watch Out For - Steam Punks These Are The Must Play PC Games Of 2018 - Steam Punks The Reasons Red Dead Redemption 2 Isn't On PC... Yet - Steam Punks Was It Smart For Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 To Drop Single Player? - Steam Punks Is The Episodic Format Good Or Bad For Games? - Steam Punks Assassin's Creed Odyssey On PC And The Uplay Problem - Steam Punks
Additionally, Bethesda said it's aware that Fallout 76's first major patch was too big--it came in at more than 40 GB on some platforms. The game's future updates should be smaller, but Bethesda didn't provide any details on the degree to which they may decrease in size relative to that first one. "We hear you, and we're working to reduce our patch sizes going forward so that you can get back into game as soon as possible on patch days," Bethesda said.
Fallout 76 might not have been adored by critics, but "millions" of people have played it, Bethesda said. The developer plans to support the game with new updates on a regular basis for potentially years into the future.
December 4 Patch Highlights
- Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
- Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11 Patch Highlights
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com