Fallout 76 Patch Notes Detail New Hotfix Update's Changes
Bethesda's latest update makes some bug fixes and stability improvements to the online RPG.
Bethesda has released another update for Fallout 76. This week's patch is fairly minor; it requires no download on PS4 or Xbox One (although players on PC will still need to download it), and it addresses a handful of issues across all platforms, as well as a few specifically related to the PC version.
Most notably, Bethesda has resolved a PC-specific bug that could crash the game when you select the "Exit to Desktop" option. Additionally, the developer says it has "fixed a setting that was left in a debug state." According to the studio, "This could allow out of date clients to connect, breaking gameplay."
In terms of general fixes, Bethesda has added Korean language support to all versions of the game. It has also fixed an exploit that allowed items to be duplicated, as well as a bug that could prevent enemies from taking damage from explosives and other heavy weapons. You can find the full patch notes for the hotfix below.
Bethesda has been releasing a steady stream of updates for Fallout 76 since the game's launch this past November. Last week, the developer made some major CAMP improvements. It also gave players the ability to respec their SPECIAL once they reach level 51.
Despite its poor critical reception, it appears Fallout 76 had a solid launch month in terms of sales. According to the NPD Group, the game was the fourth best-selling game of November, behind Battlefield V, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and Red Dead Redemption 2. Bethesda hasn't shared any specific sales numbers for Fallout 76, but the company recently that "millions" of people have played the game.
Fallout 76 December 19 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Korean language support has been added to Fallout 76.
- This was added to console versions of the game on December 18.
- PC players who have their language set to Korean will see an increased download size of a few hundred megabytes today.
Stability and Performance
- PC: Addressed an issue that could cause the game client to crash after selecting Exit to Desktop.
- PC: Fixed a setting that was left in a debug state. This could allow out of date clients to connect, breaking gameplay.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow items to be duplicated.
- Weapons: Addressed an issue that could prevent high-damage and explosive weapons from dealing damage to enemies, or cause enemies to heal immediately after taking damage.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.