Fallout 4's Ultra-Tough Survival Mode Coming to PS4/Xbox One Next Week
Plus, update 1.5 leaves beta on Steam and is available now to everyone on PC.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Bethesda announced today that Fallout 4's 1.5 update has left beta on PC and is now available to everyone on Steam. Additionally, the developer confirmed that the patch will be out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime next week, though an exact release date for the update was not provided.
The 1.5 update includes support for May's Far Harbor expansion, and also introduces the ultra-tough Survival Mode, which was previously in beta. For a closer look at the beta version of Survival Mode, check out GameSpot's video above. You can see the full patch notes below.
In other Fallout 4 news, Bethesda this week released a PC beta version of the Creation Kit modding tools and the new Bethesda.net hub where players can discover and download others users' creations.
The developer has also confirmed that some PC mods are coming to Fallout 4's console version soon, starting with Xbox One in May and then PlayStation 4 in June. It still remains to be seen exactly how mods will work on console.
Fallout 4 1.5 Patch Notes:
- New Survival difficulty
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter
- Third-person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors
- Fixed issue with "Appropriation" where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest
- In "The Nuclear Option," entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump
- Fixed issue with "Defend the Castle" where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest
- During "The Nuclear Option," fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org