Fallout 4 PS4 Finally Gets Mods; PS4 Pro Patch Coming Soon
Bethesda originally blamed Sony for blocking mods on PS4.
In October, Bethesda announced that, after a public disagreement, it had finally reached an agreement with Sony to allow mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim: Special Edition. Notably, however, PS4 mods for both games are limited to ones that use internal assets only. This means there are likely to be far fewer mods available on PS4 than Xbox One and PC. Fallout 4 mods have been available on Xbox One and PC for many months now.
Bethesda has also confirmed that the next update for Fallout 4's PS4 version will add support for PS4 Pro. The developer previously said that Fallout 4 will "take advantage of the PS4 Pro in 4K along with enhanced lighting and graphics features," but didn't provide any further specifics.
Fallout 4's 1.8 update also includes changes the mods feature so that users cannot rate work-in-progress mods, nor can they rate a mod until after they have downloaded it. The patch also fixes some crash scenarios and includes general optimization and performance improvements. Check out the full patch notes below.
Fallout 4 1.8 Patch Notes:
- Support for Mods on PS4
- General optimizations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the main menu, and trying to start a new game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate "WIP" work in progress mods, and mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.