Fallout 4 Patch Released on PS4, See What's New and Changed Here
Update 1.7 has now arrived on all platforms.
Following its release last week for Xbox One and PC, Fallout 4's latest update landed today on PlayStation 4. This update adds support for the upcoming Nuka-World expansion and contains one PS4-exclusive feature: the welcome-sounding ability to delete add-ons without performing a full uninstall.
There are also a number of fixes included with Fallout 4 1.7, one of which is for a problem where some dog armor would not properly equip on Dogmeat. The patch also fixes an issue where companions would unequip clothing while fast-traveling with the player.
Some fixes for Fallout 4's mods program are also included, but these only pertain to Xbox One and PC because mod support is still not available on PS4. One of the fixes is for a problem where "sneaking would turn player invisible while running with mods." There are also "minor" UI improvements to the mods and mods detail menus.
The complete patch notes, as written by Bethesda, can be seen below.
Fallout 4 1.7 Patch Notes:
- Support for Nuka-World
- New store art type for Workshop settlements
- Ability to delete add-ons without doing a full uninstall (PS4)
- General optimization and stability improvements
- Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing "Sanctuary"
- Vendors can offer large shipments of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel, and Wood
- Improvements to accuracy and control with picking up and placing objects (not Workshop mode)
- Grenades and molotov cocktails can now be used with the Junk Mortar (Contraptions)
- Fixed issue with companions unequipping clothing when fast traveling with player
- Fixed an issue with player animations not loading properly after reloading a saved game
- Fixed issue where certain dog armors would not equip properly on Dogmeat
- Fixed an issue where objects from add-ons would not scrap correctly or would not be stored properly
- Fixed infinite load that would occasionally occur while logging off while downloading a mod
- Fixed a crash related to investing in a store while trading
- Fixed issue where "Quartermastery" would send player to erroneous locations
- Fixed performance issues related to dropping certain weapons
- Fixed issue where melee weapon would not properly after dying and reloading the save
- Fixed a rare issue where Sturges and Mama Murphy would stop moving
- Fixed snapping issue with Surgery Center in Workshop mode
- Fixed an issue with falling through moving platforms when pausing the game
- Fixed rare performance issue when equipping certain items in Pip-Boy
Mods Fixes (PC and Xbox One only)
- Fixed issue where mods images would stop displayed while scrolling through mods menu
- Disable All Mods now works properly when offline
- NPCs that are changed in a Mod will update changes like hairstyles properly
- Fixed animation error related to NPCs changed in mods who have died, and reloading the save without the mod activated
- Fixed issue where sneaking would turn player invisible while running with mods
- Localization strings moved to Interface archive
- Minor UI improvements to mods menu and mods Detail menus
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.