Fallout 4 Infinite Caps Glitch Has Been Patched Out
Caps don't grow on glitches.
Fallout 4 received its first patch this week that fixes bugs, broken quests, and not being able to leave terminals--getting stuck at your computer because you can't stop playing Fallout 4 was not addressed. However, one of the fixes might come as bad news to those who were exploiting a certain glitch.
According to a thread on GameSpot sister site GameFAQs, the infinite caps glitch that was discovered in November has been patched out on all platforms with this update. This means you're going to have to earn your money honestly from now on. That is unless you're playing on PC, where you can still use console commands to collect as many caps as you want.
Bethesda released the full details of the patch on their forums earlier this week:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
- During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
Although Bethesda is focused on patches and expansions for Fallout 4, director Todd Howard says he has "lots of ideas" for future games. The company also announced the opening of a new studio in Montreal, Canada today.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.