F1 2020 Patch Adds Nvidia DLSS Support
Along with bug fixes and general polishes, the update brings a big feature to PC players.
Codemasters has delivered again with F1 2020, recreating the high-octane racing action and suite of driving options to cater to every tier F1 fan. It's a looker too, with highly detailed car models and tracks with alluring lighting, all of which should run better on PC if you have the right graphics card.
A new patch for F1 2020 has cleaned up some small bugs and at least one instance of a crash, but most notably it adds support for Nvidia's Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) for players using RTX cards that support it. DLSS 2.0 lets you reduce the internal rendering resolution of a game before the image is reconstructed using AI to your native resolutions. It's a nifty technique that increases performance with a barely noticeable visual hit, which should help you lock your framerate in F1 2020 if you've been struggling.
Elsewhere, the update also adds support for a new racing wheel on PS4 while fixing an issue with Xbox wheels that controlled both your car and camera in unison. Smaller fixes address some interview segments in the game's career mode and a bug that would miscalculate fuel limits on races with rain. The patch is out now on all platforms; you can find the full changelog below.
F1 2020 recently got additional DLC in honor of famed F1 driver Michael Schumacher, with proceeds going towards charity. The racer also exists within a strange season for the sport, featuring tracks that were previously meant to debut this year before the COVID-19 pandemic broke out.
F1 2020 - Patch 1.08 Notes
- Xbox One wheels controls will no longer control the car and camera at the same time.
- In Driver Career players with driver moves set to off can now move teams.
- In My Team Career the vehicle performance index will correctly update when unprotected upgrades are lost due to a regulation change.
- Nvidia DLSS anti aliasing is now available on graphics cards that support it.
- Azerbaijan pit building now has correct collision.
- Venom Hurricane wheel is now supported on PS4.
- Team HQ interviews will now trigger in the second season and beyond.
- F1 Championship winner garage celebration will now correctly play.
- Championship points are now shown in Classic era.
- Fixed a crash in Splitscreen when P1 retires from OSQ.
- Multi Function Display now shows New or Used for tyre compounds.
- Custom race strategies will no longer under fuel the car in wet weather.
- Some sponsor bonuses will no longer incorrectly be awarded for multiple practice or qualifying sessions in addition to the race.
- Results of previous seasons which are shorter than your current season will now be displayed correctly.
- Fuel Assist will no longer force the player to use Rich mix in the race Strategy Practice Programme.