Evil Within PC Patch Introduces 60 FPS Cap Option, Lets You Disable Black Bars
Bethesda releases new update for horror game today on Steam; see the full patch notes here.
Firearms Expert Reacts To Helldivers 2’s Guns Nightingale Ultimate Beginners Guide Dungeons Of Hinterberg - Official Welcome to Hinterberg Trailer Rainbow Six Siege - Official Year 9 Cinematic Trailer Dragon's Dogma 2 - Sorcerer Gameplay: Vocation Spotlight Trailer Rise of the Ronin - Official "The Fight" Behind The Scenes Trailer Skull and Bones Video Review Wild Bastards - Official Gameplay Walkthrough Video Hello Kitty Island Adventure - Official Merry Meadow & Springtime Celebration Trailer Project L - Official "2XKO" Name Announcement Gameplay Trailer Rainbow Six Siege - Deimos Animated Cinematic Story Recap Dead by Daylight | Iron Maiden Collection Trailer
The patch, available today on Steam, also lets you disable the game's letterbox visual layout (those "black bars" you see), meaning the game will now fill up your entire screen if you want.
The full October 29 patch notes for The Evil Within are below. PC players can also access the game's console commands, which allow you to juice the game beyond 60 FPS and even play in God mode.
The Evil Within October 29 Patch Notes:
- Frame lock settings added - In settings, you can now toggle between a 30 FPS and 60 FPS cap
- Letterbox setting - UI toggle to disable the letterbox bars
- Fixes gameplay issues when running at >30 FPS
- Fixes for visual issues associated with removing letterbox framing
- Achievements now work when console is enabled
- Fix for game starting in windowed mode on first run
- Minor localization fixes