Every Doctor Who is Playable in Lego Dimensions, but Only One Will Have a Voice Actor
A good man.
UPDATE 10.12am PT 7/9/2015: While Peter Capaldi is the only Doctor to record new dialogue specific to the game, audio from all of the previous Doctors (taken from the TV show) will be featured within the game.
In the same way that real-life Legos let you mix and match sets to create imaginative mental landscapes with impossible combinations, the Doctor Who addition to the upcoming Lego Dimensions game will provide a lot of freedom for how you mix, match, and interact with the time-traveling alien from the long-running BBC series.
At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, we learned some new details about how the world of DoctorWho will integrate with the Lego game, and we also talked with the 12th Doctor, Peter Capaldi, about his first video game role.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War - Official PC Features Trailer Top New Video Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- October 25-31, 2020 What Cyberpunk’s Delay Means For Next-Gen Far Cry 6 Delayed, Cyberpunk Delay Explained, & Elder Scrolls 6 On Xbox | Save State Nvidia RTX 3070 - Is This The Card To Get? Xbox Series X Unboxing World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Story Trailer Seraphine League Of Legends Champion Spotlight Dying Light - Official Halloween Event Returns Trailer Xbox - November 2020 Games With Gold Trailer Katamari Damacy Reroll - PS4 And Xbox One Launch Date Trailer Free Xbox One & Xbox 360 Games With Gold For November 2020 Revealed
Highlights of the Doctor Who expansion for Lego Dimensions include:
- All of the Doctors will be playable in Lego form, even the War Doctor. When your character dies, you'll regenerate as the first Doctor then cycle through the series again.
- Depending on which Doctor you play as, the interior of your TARDIS will change -- playing as the first Doctor will give you an old-school, black-and-white time machine.
- A jukebox in the TARDIS will let you choose whichever version of the Doctor Who theme you want.
- Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who), Jenna Coleman (Clara Oswald), and Michelle Gomez (Missy) will also lend their voices to game.
- Other playable characters available for purchase as physical Lego Minifigs include a Cyberman, Dalek, and K-9.
While the Doctor Peter Capaldi is not a gamer himself, he is enthusiastic about the melding of pop culture and games: "I see it as a positive if it's done to this quality. The demands and the ambition that the game makers have imposed upon themselves are very high; they've given themselves the task of creating something that's very entertaining, very exciting, and dramatic. So I think as long as we're trying to make material to a high standard, then it is good. If we're just going to use these characters as marketing devices that aren't particularly thought-through or exciting, then no. But that's not where we are, and that's the really exciting thing."
You can watch our entire interview with Capaldi in the video at the top of the story!
Lego Dimensions launches in September for pretty much every console: Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U. In addition to Doctor Who, there will be several other pop culture and gaming properties that will make appearances, including The Simpsons, Portal, and Jurassic Park.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.