Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Weekend Coming to Xbox One and PC, But Not PS4
Play the MMO for free Thursday-Monday.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
On Xbox One, the game client will be available to download starting at 3 AM EST on Thursday, December 10. Once the free weekend wraps up on December 14 at 3 AM EST, players will be able to buy the game for 60 percent off, while all of their progress will carry forward.
During the free play weekend, a variety of Elder Scrolls Online currency packs will be discounted. In addition, players will have a chance to enter the contest to win $1 million that Bethesda announced last week. Note that an Xbox Live Gold membership is required.
PC/Mac players, meanwhile, can pre-load The Elder Scrolls Online client right now, though the game will not be playable for free until Thursday at 3 AM EST. You can get a code right here from GameSpot and then follow the instructions below to get started.
- Create a game account at https://account.elderscrollsonline.com
- Activate your account by clicking the link in the activation email sent to you.
- Return to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com and sign in with your new account.
- On your account page, click “Redeem Code." Enter your code in the popup box that appears.
- Once your code has been successfully redeemed, a download link will appear on your account page. Download the game and you'll be ready to play
PC/Mac players can also save 60 percent if they decide to buy the game after the free weekend, while their progress, too, will carry forward. They can also enter the $1 million contest.
In addition, the following crown packs will be marked down this weekend for all players--not just free players--to celebrate the Elder Scrolls Online free play weekend.
- 750 crown packs will be 25% off
- 1,500 crown packs will be 25% off
- 3,000 crown packs will be 33% off
- 5,500 crown packs will be 40% off
Finally, ZeniMax provided a statement for why the Elder Scrolls Online free weekend is not available on PlayStation 4. "Please note that we're working with Sony on a technical solution to support a free weekend and hope to offer our PS4 fans the same opportunity in the near future," it said.
The Elder Scrolls Online launched for PC in April 2014. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions arrived a year later in June 2015. Two expansion packs have been released to date: The Imperial City and Orsinium.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org