Elden Ring: Where To Find Stars Of Ruin
Another legendary sorcery to add to your collection.
On your quest to obtain all of the legendary spells in Elden Ring, you'll need to grab Stars of Ruin. However, this one will require you to put some effort into one of the game's sorcery-focused side-quests. Don't worry, though, because we've got all of the info you'll need to track down this sorcery and add it to your collection.
Stars of Ruin explained
Stars of Ruin is a sorcery that requires 43 Intelligence to cast. It fires homing stars at enemies dealing significant poise damage. Because of this, it's especially useful in PvP encounters.
Stars of Ruin's item description reads:
Legendary sorcery devised by Lusat, primeval sorcerers. Fires twelve dark shooting stars that pursue the target. This sorcery can be cast while in motion. Charging increases potency. When Lusat glimpsed into the primeval current, he beheld the final moments of a great star cluster, and upon seeing it, he too was broken.
Where to find Stars of Ruin
Stars of Ruin is found inside Sellia Hideaway in Caelid. While you can access this exceptionally well-hidden cave at any point, getting the spell requires an item gained during a side-quest. That being said, make sure you follow our Sorceress Sellen Quest Guide until you reach the point where she grants you the Sellian Spellbreaker and requests that you seek out Master Lusat.
Once you're in possession of the Sellian Spellbreaker, head to northeastern Caelid to the location on the map below. You'll notice a sorcerer standing in front of a tall tombstone in this area. Behind the tombstone is an illusory wall that you can break to access Sellia Hideaway.
In this dark cave, follow the linear path and kill the miners along the way. When you reach a choice between dropping into a pit or crossing a crystal, do the latter. Continue onward, jumping over a few gaps until you reach another crystal leading down in the direction from which you just came. You'll know it's the right one if you see a crystal snail hanging out on it.
Follow the crystals down into a second pit. In the corner of this area is a barrier that can be opened using the Sellian Spellbreaker. Inside, you'll find Master Lusat, and interacting with him will earn you Stars of Ruin, as well as progress Sorceress Sellen's quest.
Elden Ring Guides
- What Happens In Elden Ring? The Game's Story, Part 1: Limgrave
- Elden Ring Rune Farming: The Best Early Areas To Level Up Fast
- What To Do First In Elden Ring: Best Route, Weapons, And Important Map Locations
- + Show More Elden Ring Guides Links (7)
- Elden Ring: Best Weapons You Can Find Early In Limgrave
- Elden Ring Margit The Fell Omen Guide - Recommended Level And How To Beat The First Boss
- Elden Ring: How To Upgrade Weapons - Smithing Stones Explained
- Elden Ring Tips For Beginners: Learning The Ways Of The Lands Between
- How To Level Up In Elden Ring, Stats Explained
- Elden Ring: Best Keepsakes To Pick During Character Creation
- Elden Ring Map: Where To Find Your First Map Fragment
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation