EA Teases New IP Reveal With E3 Right Around the Corner
"We haven't yet announced it, but it's something that you'll see probably coming up soon."
Electronic Arts will release a new IP next year, but you may not have to wait that long to see it, the company's chief financial officer said during a recent earnings call. Blake Jorgensen teased that this new IP could be shown off "soon," which might be a reference to E3 2016 next month.
"We do have a new IP coming next year," Jorgensen said. "We haven't yet announced it, but it's something that you'll see probably coming up soon."
EA's E3 event this year is called EA Play. Historically, EA has held its E3 events on the Tuesday of E3 week, but that won't be the case this year, as the company's briefing is scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday, June 12. GameSpot will bring you all the news from the show as it's announced.
EA's earnings release yesterday and subsequent briefing brought a lot of news. Check out the stories below to catch up on all the big announcements.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Confirmed, Features Content From "The New Movies"
- The Next NBA Live Is Coming Much Later Than Usual
- Titanfall 2 Launching Before The End of 2016
- Battlefield 1 Dev "Blown Away" By Positive Reaction to Announcement
- Star Wars Battlefront Ships 14 Million Copies, as EA Profit Climbs
- EA Explains Why Releasing Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 in 2016 Isn't a Bad Idea
- Here Is What EA Thinks About PS4/Xbox One Upgrades
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org