EA Suspends All Esports Live Events To Limit Coronavirus Risk
In an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus, EA has suspended all of its Apex Legends, FIFA 20, and Madden NFL 20 competative gaming events.
EA has announced that all competitive events tied its games are, for the foreseeable future, suspended on account of the coronavirus. The suspension applies to all events that utilize EA's games, whether they're run by the company or are a third-party organized event.
"Our priority is protecting our competitors, our employees, our partner’s employees and our communities," EA wrote in a blog post. "As we continue to monitor the situation around the coronavirus and receive updated guidance from health officials around the world, we will use this time to determine next steps for moving forward with all of EA's competitive gaming live events and online broadcasts."
In another blog post, EA further described the additional steps the company is taking to curb the spread of the coronavirus, such as "strongly recommending" that all North American, European, and Australian employees work from home. "We've also taken steps to ensure that the vendors and contractors that provide services on-site at our facilities will continue to be paid, even if they're not able to work from home in their roles," the company wrote.
Despite these adjustments, EA doesn't foresee any major alterations to the road maps of any of its games-as-a-service titles.
Other Recent Shutdowns Due To Coronavirus
- Disney Stops Production On Most Live-Action Movies Due To Coronavirus
- AEW Rochester Event Rescheduled Due To Coronavirus
- Disneyland Is Closed For The Month Due To Coronavirus; Universal Also Closes
- Coronavirus Concerns Cause Re:ZERO Season 2 To Be Postponed
- WonderCon Has Officially Been Postponed
- Disney Delays Mulan, Two Other Movies, At The Last Minute Due To Coronavirus
- F9: The Fast Saga's Worldwide Release Delayed
- A Quiet Place 2 Release Is Delayed Due To Coronavirus Outbreak
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com