EA Giving Away $1 Million to These Charities in New Campaign
The "Play to Give" campaign begins on June 12.
Ahead of E3 2016 next week, Electronic Arts today announced a new charity campaign where it will give away $1 million to five different charities.
As part of the Play to Give program, as it's being called, EA will give a total of $1 million to these five groups: HeForShe, Code.org, National Center for Women & Information Technology, CODE2040, and SpecialEffect.
To celebrate the announcement, a number of EA games are offering special rewards to players, beginning June 12. Below is a rundown of the rewards (descriptions via EA).
- Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline: Earn a Gold Battlepack by providing supplies to your teammates in need. As a community, Battlefield 4 players are challenged with getting a 45 million total re-supply score and Battlefield Hardline players are challenged with getting a 5 million re-supply score from June 12-17. By achieving either of those goals, contributing players will get rewarded with an extra Gold Battlepack via Battlelog.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Players who complete any multiplayer match from June 12-14 can participate in the 3X Score Event, earning triple score and credits.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes: From June 12 - 14 deploy a squad of female characters in Star Wars against the droids. Completing the quest for the first time will get you 50,000 credits, 1 Rey shard, 1 Princess Leia shard, and 25 shards needed to unlock a Jedi Knight Guardian. Subsequent completions will unlock shards of Princess Leia, Rey, Barriss Offee, or Ahsoka Tano.
- FIFA 16: Participate in the Play to Give Cup in FIFA Ultimate Team during EA Play. Win the tournament and you will receive an untradeable Rare Mega Pack. Any future tournament wins in the Play to Give Cup will get you a Premium Coins Pack.
- Madden NFL 16: Play Madden Ultimate Team from June 12-19 and complete a short objective list to receive 2,040 coins and a Pro Pack.
You can learn more about EA's Play to Give promotion here on its website.
EA's E3 2016 briefing is scheduled for Sunday, June 12, starting at 1 PM PST / 4 PM EST. What are you hoping to see? Let us know in the comments below!
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.