EA Finally Revamps Star Wars Battlefront 2's Squad System In New Update; Here Are The Full Patch Notes
More Clone Wars content too.
A new update for Star Wars Battlefront 2 has addressed some of the game's multiplayer concerns. The most notable change patches the Squad System, but the update addresses a few other concerns and also adds new content.
If you're playing with a group of friends, you will be automatically placed in a squad together. The new Squad System promises to load you back into your group more quickly after your soldier is killed. Upon death, you will be able to toggle between all your surviving squad members to decide who you want to respawn on. If you're playing solo, you'll just be thrown into a random squad, but you'll still be able to choose who you spawn on between each death. The new Squad System also allows you and a friend to play in private two vs. two Hero Showdown matches.
More Clone Wars-themed content has been added to Battlefront 2 as well. You can now change your Republic Army soldiers to appear as the Jedi Master Windu's 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps or Jedi Master Plo Koon's 104th "Wolf Pack" Battalion. The former was first seen in Star Wars The Clone Wars animated series, while the latter first appeared in Revenge of the Sith before also appearing in The Clone Wars. Wolf Pack's leader, Commander Wolffe, also appeared in Star Wars Rebels.
Additional details about changes to the Squad System and new Clone Wars content can be found on Battlefront 2's blog, including how the game will handle ping site connections going forward. We've outlined the major bug fixes included in the new update below.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Battlefront 2 September Update Patch Notes
- Added ability to get into squads and spawn on squad members on Galactic Assault and Strike
- Improved screen flow for quicker spawning in all modes where Squad Spawn is not present
Quality of Life
- More dynamic change of characters shown on the Home and Career screens, due to implementation of backend ability to change those in a live environment
- Implemented various stability fixes for the End of Round (EOR) Matchmaking
- Improved the way the game client looks for an online game, by adding an automated Default option for the best Ping site, as well as simplifying the choice of sites in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where Leia's Alternate Fire ability could damage a player piloting the AT-ST
- Fixed an issue where the "Repair" ability would not properly activate
Lando's Millennium Falcon
- Fixed an issue where the Tactical Jammer ability would have no effect on Lando's Millennium Falcon
Classes & Special Units Changes
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the Disruption ability to trigger in sync with the animation
- Removed the ability of Ion Turrets to lock and fire on troopers, as requested by the community
- Reduced the damage done by the Ion Torpedo for better balancing
Game Mode Changes
- Implemented backend timers that allow tweaking of the objective duration on Galactic Assault in a live environment
- Added animations to further enhance the look and feel of the game mode's widget
- Fixed a spelling issue in one of the objective texts
- Fixed an issue where heroes could hide or get stuck behind metal barriers on Jakku
- Fixed an issue that would leave players stuck between tree and mountain assets
- Fixed an issue where the chicken near the East Turbolaser would not be fleeing from the player
- Added Ewok Hunt and Extraction-based challenges to the list of Daily Challenges
- Removed Hero Showdown-based challenges "Perfect Together" and "Vader and Kylo", based on player feedback that they are too hard to achieve in an online environment
- Fixed an issue where Iden's character and description text would be missing from the Campaign's spawn and customization screen
- Fixed an issue where players would not be able to change their Clone Trooper appearances during the pre-round screens on games taking place on Kashyyyk and Kamino
- Added additional UI effects when unlocking an Emote, Victory Pose or Appearance from the menu
- Increased the maximum numbers of players in a group to 20, and the maximum number of players who can play together to 8
- Fixed an issue where the button to get more Crystals would not show up in the Emotes and Victory Poses screens
- Adjusted the "Saviour Kill" stat, so that it tracks relevant kills from the whole team and not just the squad members
- This update will automatically disable CrossFire functionality for players with AMD Graphics Cards running on Windows 8 / 8.1, due to lack of support for multi-GPU with the specified operating system and GPU vendor.
- Fixed an issue where the Resourceful Star Card wouldn't correctly lower the ability cooldown when used.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org