E3 2019: Gods & Monsters Goes All-In On Mythology
Help out the gods.
At its E3 2019 press conference, Ubisoft announced a brand-new game called Gods & Monsters. Though it isn't officially tied to any existing games, it looks as if it takes the recent mythology-focused expansions to games like Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey and run with it.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey senior producer Marc-Alexis Côté appeared on stage at the Ubisoft press conference to introduce the new game, which takes Ubisoft's focus on open-world action-RPGs and goes into mythology the way the Assassin's Creed series goes into history. The trailer on stage showed Phoenix, the game's hero, who is recruited by the gods to help them deal with some monsters and other issues.
Ubisoft gave GameSpot a chance to see the game ahead of announcement; it has a much more painterly look than Assassin's Creed games, and Côté and creative director Jonathan Dumont (who also worked on Odyssey) said the focus is on making this a more accessible game than the Assassin's Creed series.
E3 2019 Conference Schedule
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT -- Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT -- Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT -- Nintendo Direct Showcase
More E3 news:
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Elden Ring is From Software and George RR Martin's new game
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake release date announced
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.