E3 2019: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Will Have AI Teammates For Solo Play
You're never alone, Ghost.
Ubisoft's E3 press conference saw actor Jon Bernthal introduce Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint with a very good dog. Not long after, community manager Laura Cordrey announced that Ghosts will not have to travel alone in the game after all. Ghost Recon Breakpoint will bring back computer-controlled AI squadmates.
The news means that Ghosts who would rather operate solo or without online teammates will now be accompanied by computer-controlled AI.
It was revealed earlier this year that Breakpoint's single-player campaign won't include AI teammates. At the time, Ubisoft hoped that the removal of AI teammates would contribute to a sense of isolation and realism the company's going for with the upcoming third-person shooter. The reversal was met with rapturous applause during the company's presentation.
E3 2019 Conference Schedule
- Monday, June 10, 4:30 PM PT -- Kinda Funny Showcase
- Monday, June 10, 6 PM PT -- Square Enix Press Conference
- Tuesday, June 11, 9 AM PT -- Nintendo Direct Showcase
More E3 news:
- New Xbox console, Scarlett, revealed
- Xbox Scarlett details: 8K, 120 FPS, SSD
- Elden Ring is From Software and George RR Martin's new game
- Cyberpunk 2077 release date announced
- Final Fantasy VII Remake release date announced
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org