E3 2018: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate For Switch Works With GameCube Controllers
GameCube Adaptors and Controllers will also be re-released.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the new Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch, and was announced during the E3 2018 Nintendo Direct. This means that Ultimate will likely be the primary version used in competitive play moving forward, and in good news for pro players, the game will also supports the GameCube controller.
While we had hands-on experience with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate using Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers, the game will be compatible with multiple styles of control. Here's what we know:
- The game is compatible with Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers
- There will be a single Joy-Con control method
- GameCube controllers will be compatible by using a GameCube adaptor. This will only be possible in console's docked mode
- Existing Wii U GameCube Adaptors will work with the Nintendo Switch.
- Both GameCube controllers and GameCube adaptors will be made available for sale again, sometime around the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- The new GameCube Controller will feature the new Super Smash Bros. logo.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be available on December 7, 2018. For more on the game, check a look at these articles:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate For Switch Will Have Every Previous Fighter
- E3 2018: Every Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Change Coming We Know (So Far)
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com