Driveclub Patch Notes Include Drift Mode Scoring, Level Cap Increases, and More
Plus, two new expansions coming later this month.
Evolution Studios continues to support its PlayStation 4 racing game Driveclub. The game's March 2016 update--1.27--is out now, introducing new level caps, Drift Mode scoring, and improvements for game performance and more. Scroll down to see a full rundown of what's included with the free update.
In addition to the new update, Evolution announced that a new expansion pack called Finish Line will be released on March 22. This includes six events, five trophies, and two new cars: Koeniggsegg Regera and Jaguar XJ220. Another expansion, called MV Agusta, arrives on the same day, introducing the same number of events and trophies, but instead of cars, it brings two new bikes: MV Agusta Brutale 1090 Corsa & MV Agusta F4RC. Pricing for those two expansions was not divulged.
Also on March 22, all Driveclub players will receive the Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS bike for free.
Today's free update weighs in at 300MB and brings the size of all of the Driveclub updates to date to 13.5 GB. The update will download automatically when you play Driveclub while connected to PSN.
FULL DETAILS OF DRIVECLUB UPDATE 1.27:
- New Drift Mode scoring: Fast and precise drifts now earn much bigger scores. Going off track, driving slowly or colliding with walls will result in a penalty to prevent exploits.
- All Drift Mode leaderboards will be reset in the days following the update to ensure they offer a level playing field.
- 25 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 60).
- 25 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 35 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The game menus have been updated with new #PS4share imagery to showcase some of our most loved #PS4share photo mode snaps. Keep them coming!
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB now shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB BIKES also shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com