Driveclub Bikes Confirmed, Launching Today As Expansion or Standalone
[UPDATE] Sony makes it official.
[UPDATE] Today during Sony's Paris Games Week briefing, Sony officially announced Driveclub Bikes, which is offered as an expansion to Driveclub or as a standalone download. As its name suggests, it's themed around super-bikes, offering a "whole new way" to race. Included with the package is a new campaign and more tour multiplayer challenges.
Per a post on the PlayStation Blog, written by Evolution Studios, Driveclub Bikes includes:
- 12 of the world's best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW, and more.
- Full Bikes Tour campaign: We've designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
- Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility, and skills with bikes.
- Personalized events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time, and with near limitless weather conditions.
- Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel-to-wheel action.
- Customization: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers, and custom helmets.
- Clubs: Everything you do in Driveclub Bikes contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customization and challenges.
Driveclub Bikes is slated to launch later today, October 27, priced at $15 for people who already own Driveclub. The standalone version costs $20. You can buy the game right here.
Top New Games Coming Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Who Are The Kaiju (Titans) In Godzilla: King of the Monsters? New Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Will Be Shown At E3 2019 - GS News Update Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Expand Trailer Fortnite: Week 3's Secret Battle Star Location Walkthrough (Season 9 Utopia Challenges) Days Gone Video Review - Farewell, Oregon Google Stadia Price, Games, And Release Info Coming This Summer - GS News Update How Alien Changed Sci-Fi Movies Forever | Alien 40th Anniversary Game Of Thrones: What If Bran Stark Was Evil All Along? First 19 Minutes of Nioh 2 Closed Alpha Gameplay Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Delayed As Sonic Gets A Redesign - GS Universe News Update Heart Aino Joins BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle | GameSpot Community Fridays
The original story is below.
This rating, which has since been removed, was separate from the rating for Driveclub itself. A screencap is available above, courtesy of VideoGamer.com.
It remains to be seen if Driveclub Bikes is a new game or an expansion for the PS4 racing game. We may not have to wait long to find out, as Sony's Paris Games Week briefing starts today at 10 AM PDT.
For what it's worth, Driveclub director Paul Rustchynsky says on Twitter that he is "super excited" about Sony's Paris Games Week presentation. Sony itself has said its briefing will include new game announcements and "exciting updates" for existing titles.
We'll have all the news from the show as it's announced.
Back in August, Driveclub developer Evolution Studios teased that it was working on "big surprises" for the game, adding that Driveclub is "gearing up for another big year." Driveclub got off to a tough start, but has gone on to sell more than 2 million copies.
What do you hope Driveclub Bikes is? Let us know in the comments below.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com