Dragon Quest Builders 2 Is Coming To PC This Year, And There Are Preorder Bonuses
The popular crafting game is leaving consoles for the first time.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is coming to PC on December 10, bringing the popular Dragon Quest spin-off to PC for the first time. The game, which mixes Minecraft-style building and crafting with a JRPG structure, is available now to pre-purchase on Steam, and carries a price tag of $59.99 / £49.99 / AUD$89.95.
Preordering the game will nab you several bonuses, which will be available in-game once it releases:
- Medicinal Herb Decoration: a recipe for a decorative Medicinal Herb
- Dragon Quest Logo Decoration: a recipe for the famous DRAGON QUEST logo.
- Chimaera Wing Decoration: a recipe for an ornamental Chimaera Wing
- Sigil Blocks: five recipes for blocks which have either a Sun, Moon, Star, Water drop or Heart symbol
- Lo-Res Luminary Recipes: a set of recipes for building the Scions of Erdrick
- Legendary Line Art Recipe: a recipe for a painting of the Scions of Erdrick
All content made available to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch owners who purchased the Season Pass will also be available for PC users at no additional charge. This includes:
- Designer's Sunglasses
- Hotto Stuff Pack: includes over 40 new recipes to design structures in the style the Hotto Steppe resting area and access to an all-new island with new materials.
- Aquarium Pack: Unlock the fishing rod, plus access to a fishing island where you can catch 40 different fish.
- Modernist Pack: Includes over 70 recipes for modern-looking structures, hairstyles and clothing.
The PC version will also likely feature the epilogue that was added to console iterations of the game post-launch. If you want to test the game out and have one of the consoles it's available on, there's a jumbo demo available that lets you play through the first few hours on both PS4 and Switch. We gave Dragon Quest Builders 2 an 8/10 in our review, and critic Heidi Kemps stated that "Dragon Quest Builders 2 is a great game, combining exploration, sandbox-building, questing, and town-management into a delightful package that will gladly suck up your time and put a big smile on your face."
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com