Dragon Ball FighterZ Update Out Today, Here Are The Patch Notes
Z-Unions, Ring match fixes, and more are on the way to the Dragon Ball fighting game.
Bandai Namco has detailed the next update for Dragon Ball FighterZ. The patch is scheduled to roll out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC today, March 16, and it's primarily focused on making gameplay improvements, although it introduces a couple of new features as well.
Among other things, Bandai Namco says the patch will "greatly improve" matchmaking and server stability for Ring matches. The patch also addresses a list of bugs affecting certain character, such as one that would cause Super Saiyan Blue Goku's x10 Kaioken Kamehameha combo to continue even if the opponent managed to escape the attack. Bandai Namco says recorded data on the Replay Channel will be deleted in order to implement these gameplay changes.
In terms of new content, the update adds a feature called Z-Unions, which are effectively "fan clubs" for each character. Players who join a Z-Union will receive special rewards, with even better ones unlocking the longer you stay in a Union. Additionally, the update gives players the ability to exit the Game Lobby using the stairs at the entrance. Bandai Namco is also adding a quick way to jump into the Offline Lobby from the game's title screen.
You can find the full patch notes for the upcoming Dragon Ball FighterZ update--courtesy of Steam--at the bottom of this story. In addition to the new update, Bandai Namco recently shared the first gameplay trailer for Broly. The legendary Super Saiyan was one of two DLC characters revealed for Dragon Ball FighterZ, the other being Goku's father, Bardock. Six additional as-yet-unannounced DLC fighters are also slated to arrive for the game in the future.
Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Notes
- Replay Channel: To enable implementation of the below gameplay adjustments (see "Gameplay" section), recorded data from Replay Channel will be erased
- World Match: Changed rematch system to 3 matches in both Ranked and Casual World Match
- Ring Matches: Improved match-making and server stability
- SSGSS Goku: Fixed a bug that makes "x10 Kaioken Kamehameha" combo continue even if the opponent gets away from the attack
- Captain Ginyu: Fixed a bug that makes Ginyu Force members collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter's attacks
- Nappa: Fixed a bug that makes Saibamen collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter's attacks
- All Characters
- Fixed a bug that makes characters float in the air if Dragon Rush Clash happens when landing from mid-air back step
- Fixed a bug that makes main characters say the wrong name when calling a Z-Change or Z-Assist
- Fixed a bug that alters the hit box of Z-Assist characters under certain circumstances
- Hit / SSGSS Goku / SSGSS Vegeta: Fixed a bug that triggers Z-Change voice over dialogues instead of Z-Assist ones
- Z-Union: Added Z-Union feature that enables players to join "Unions" (fan clubs) of their favorite character and get special rewards. And the longer you stay in a Union, the better the rewards become.
- Game Lobby: Added the possibility to leave the Lobby by using the stairs at the entrance
- Offline Lobby: Added option to enter the Offline Lobby from title screen
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.