Doom Patrol, The Best HBO Max Original, Picks Up New Cast For Season 3
Doom Patrol Season 3 promises to be even weirder than the show so far.
Doom Patrol was easily the weirdest and most interesting show to come out of the short happy life of the DC Universe streaming service, and the show ended up getting a third season when it made the interdimensional jump to HBO Max. Now, Doom Patrol is gearing up for production on Season 3 and has added a bunch of cast members for two groups that promise to be more than weird enough for the Doom Patrol.
Doom Patrol Season 3 will introduce the Sisterhood of Dada and the Dead Boy Detective Agency. The Sisterhood of Dada is obsessed with all things absurd and bizarre, sort of an opposite of the show's recurring villain, the Bureau of Normalcy, which weeks to contain and weaponize all things abnormal. Even so, the Sisterhood is historically regarded as being evil, even if the group itself doesn't see things in such absolutes. The Dead Boy Detective Agency, meanwhile, is a three-person team consisting of a medium and two boy ghosts who read every book in their school's library to learn how to become detectives.
Make sure to read every character description (unless you're spoiler averse), because each one is wilder than the last. The cast members that make up the Sisterhood of Dada are all season regulars, meaning we'll be seeing them throughout the show's third season.
- Micah Joe Parker (Into The Dark – Blumhouse, The Flash, The Vampire Diaries) will play Malcolm, part of the Sisterhood of Dada. He is a quiet, sensitive and thoughtful soul who would often rather be invisible than face this unforgiving world.
- Wynn Everett (Palmer, Teenage Bounty Hunters, Agent Carter) will play Shelley Byron aka The Fog, part of the Sisterhood of Dada. Supposedly a deadly terrorist, Shelley is charming, seductive, poetic and a bit mad.
- Miles Mussenden (Swagger, Cloak & Dagger, The Good Lord Bird) will play Lloyd Jefferson aka Frenzy, part of the Sisterhood of Dada. A sculptor of strange life-like masks who is covered with tattoos and scars, the memories and injustices that immortalize his life, he is cryptic and stoic with a capacity for extreme devastation.
- Anita Kalathara (Room 104, MacGyver) will play Holly McKenzie aka Sleepwalk, part of the Sisterhood of Dada. A light-hearted ne'er do well, Holly knows where the best parties are. After a wild night of partying, she usually takes a nice long nap in the ice cream truck where she works, and if she is awoken mid-nap, there is hell to pay.
- Gina Hiraizumi (Dynasty, Hawaii Five-0) will play Sachiko aka The Quiz, part of the Sisterhood of Dada. She is an enigmatic germaphobe whose crippling phobias mask awe-inspiring powers.
The members of The Dead Boy Detective Agency, meanwhile, are listed as guest stars.
- Madalyn Horcher (Jack Reacher 2, Origin, Gracepoint) will play Crystal Palace, part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. A cool, sarcastic teen who is also a psychic medium, her only friends are Charles and Edwin, the two dead boys who freed her from demonic possession.
- Ty Tennant (War of the Worlds, Tolkien) will play Edwin Payne, part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. Dead since 1916, Edwin spent 80 years in hell due to a clerical error and has seen horrors no one could imagine.
- Sebastian Croft (HBO's Game of Thrones, Horrible Histories: The Movie) will play Charles Rowland, part of the Dead Boy Detective Agency. Affable, charming, and dead since 1989, he always does his best to be chipper, but his death by hypothermia and neglect haunts him.
Doom Patrol Season 3 does not yet have an air date, and it's pretty early in production, so it'll be a while. Meanwhile, you can catch Doom Patrol Season 1 and the COVID-shortened Season 2 on HBO Max.