Doom Open Beta: New Trailer Released, All Content Announced
The battle begins April 15.
Following the news last week that id Software's new Doom shooter would be getting an open beta, publisher Bethesda has now released a new trailer for it and revealed everything it contains. The video provides a brief overview of the beta's locations, weapons, and power-ups. Check it out above.
This beta will overlap with the Halo 5: Guardians Warzone Firefight beta, which runs April 14-18.
Here is a full rundown of what's included in the Doom beta, as written by id Software:
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
Pre-loading for the Doom open beta begins on all platforms tomorrow, April 12. For more on the open beta, you can read the detailed FAQ here.
Doom is slated for a May 13 release date. In other news about the game, Bethesda recently announced the game's post-launch DLC, which will include more maps, weapons, items, and customization options.