Doom Open Beta Extended By a Day
One more day.
It's not just the beta for Halo 5's new Warzone Firefight mode that's being extended. id Software has announced that it's giving players an extra day to play Doom's open beta, which is going on now. The beta was supposed to conclude today, April 17, but has been extended for 24 hours.
You can now "fight like hell" through 11:59 PM EST on Monday, April 18.
Doom's open beta started on April 15. If you haven't picked it up yet, you can grab the client through the links below.
Here is a full rundown of what's included in the Doom beta, as written by id Software:
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
For more on the open beta, you can watch the video above or read a detailed FAQ here.
Doom is slated for a May 13 release date. In other news about the game, Bethesda recently announced the game's post-launch DLC, which will include more maps, weapons, items, and customization options.