Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, And More Are Out Now On Game Pass
Microsoft promised more of the Bethesda library would be coming to Game Pass this week, and today you can play them.
Bethesda is now part of Xbox Game Studios, and to celebrate the acquisition becoming official, a huge slew of Bethesda games are free on Xbox Game Pass. These include some of the biggest games from Bethesda's array of developers like the Doom, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout series. 20 titles from the publisher's catalog are available on Game Pass now, 16 of which are playable on console, PC, and mobile via cloud streaming.
Among the additions are well-known releases such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Doom Eternal, as well as some older Bethesda titles like the original Doom, Doom 64, and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. The full list of Bethesda games coming to Game Pass, as detailed by Xbox Wire, can be seen below:
- Dishonored Definitive Edition (console, PC, cloud)
- Dishonored 2 (console, PC, cloud)
- Doom 1993 (console, PC, cloud)
- Doom II (console, PC, cloud)
- Doom III (console, PC, cloud)
- Doom 64 (console, PC, cloud)
- Doom Eternal (console, PC, cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (console, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (console, PC, cloud)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (console, cloud)
- The Evil Within (console, PC, cloud)
- Fallout 4 (console, PC, cloud)
- Fallout 76 (console, PC, cloud)
- Fallout: New Vegas (console)
- Prey (console, PC, cloud)
- Rage 2 (console, PC, cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The New Order (console, PC, cloud)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (console, PC, cloud)
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood (console, PC, cloud)
A few of these titles are only available on one or two of the supported Game Pass platforms, such as Fallout: New Vegas. However, the vast majority can be played across the cloud, PC, and Xbox consoles. There are also a couple games missing, like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. It's unclear why this is the case, though they could certainly pop up at a later date.
The new additions were announced as part of the Xbox-Bethesda roundtable, which was posed as a way to meet "the faces behind the Bethesda games and studios you know and love." Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg warned that this wouldn't be a venue for news and reveals, but the company had promised that more Bethesda games were coming to Game Pass.
This all follows just after Microsoft officially closed the deal on acquiring Bethesda and its multiple game studios. That brings a ton of big franchises into the Microsoft fold, which is represented in the selection of new Game Pass inclusions. Microsoft has also confirmed that some new games will be Xbox-exclusive, but hasn't detailed which ones or when.
Xbox Game Pass is a big part of Microsoft's strategy for this generation, offering its entire first-party lineup and multiple third-party games through partnerships. The company offers two subscription tiers, console and PC, for $10 per month. A combined Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership combines these tiers, along with Xbox Live Gold and its Android cloud streaming service, for $15 per month. You can check out our recent guide to the best games to play on Xbox Game Pass; plus, see our picks for the best Xbox One games of all time (many of which are on Game Pass).
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.