Doom Eternal Launch Day Buying Guide: Special Editions, Doom Slayer Figure, And More
Looking to buy Doom Eternal? Here's what you should know about its special editions, discounts, and bonuses.
Doom Eternal, which builds on the success of the 2016 Doom reboot that revitalized the franchise, is finally out on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with the Nintendo Switch version launching later this year. Eternal adds a number of new and classic demons, guns, and tricks for players to pull off, making the series' frantic shootouts even more engaging than ever. For our impressions on how the final version of the game fares, check out GameSpot's Doom Eternal review-in-progress.
Developer id Software also announced that the multiplayer Invasion Mode, which lets you enter another player's game and play as a demon, will be released as a free update after launch. In addition, Doom 64 is available to download for free on all platforms for those who secured their copy of Doom Eternal early.
Doom Eternal also features an asymmetrical multiplayer mode called Battlemode. In Battlemode, one player will fight as the Doom Slayer, while two other players will control demons. The demons can summon more allies to help them take down the Doom Slayer. Meanwhile, the Doom Slayer has access to some incredibly powerful firearms, explosives, and blades, so don't expect it to be an easy fight.
Doom Eternal has a couple of special editions to be aware of, including a Collector's edition that comes with an actual Doom Slayer helmet. Read on for more info about purchasing Doom Eternal, including its pre-order bonuses, various editions, and price. Plus, check back after you dive into the game for our full Doom Eternal walkthrough, tips, and guides.
Doom Eternal News
Doom Eternal pre-order bonuses
Doom Eternal's universal pre-order bonus was the Rip and Tear Pack, which includes the Doot Revenant Skin, the Throwback Shotgun Weapon Skin, and a bonus campaign level that's a remixed version of "Cultist Base," with "new challenges and surprises." There's also a free digital copy of Doom 64.
As of this writing, most retailers still include the pre-order bonus on their store listings, though this could be a mistake. If you're itching to grab these bonuses, it's worth asking your local retailer.
Buy Doom Eternal standard edition
As you might assume, the standard edition of Doom Eternal just comes with the game itself. Right now, the cheapest places to order Doom Eternal are Amazon and Walmart, which have it for just under $50. That said, Amazon's non-Switch listings are either sold out or don't ship for at least a couple of weeks. Best Buy is also offering an exclusive steelbook case with purchases.
- Get it at Amazon -- $49.94 -- PS4 (SOLD OUT) | Xbox One | PC ($60) | Switch ($60)
- Get it at Walmart -- $49.94 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC | Switch ($60)
- Get it at Best Buy -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC | Switch
- Get it at GameStop -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC | Switch
- Get it at Newegg -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at Target -- $60 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at Bethesda Store -- $60 -- PS4 (SOLD OUT) | Xbox One (SOLD OUT) | PC (SOLD OUT)
Buy Doom Eternal Deluxe edition
Looking to upgrade your copy of Doom Eternal? Get the Deluxe edition and you'll receive a few extra digital items: the Demon Slayer Skin, the Classic Weapons Sound Pack, and the Doom Eternal Year One Pass, which will include two single-player campaign expansions during the first year after release. And of course, you'll receive any applicable pre-order bonuses. All versions of this edition save for the Switch version are currently sold out, but could come back in stock for launch. GameStop currently has it available for Xbox One and PC. Here's where to buy it, if it's available:
- Get it at Amazon -- $90 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at Best Buy -- $90 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at GameStop -- $90 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC | Switch
Buy Doom Eternal Collector's edition
The most prestigious version of Doom Eternal is its Collector's edition, which is already sold out pretty much everywhere. In addition to everything that comes with the Deluxe edition and any pre-order bonuses, the Collector's edition also comes with:
- An exclusive steelbook case
- A full-sized, wearable Doom Slayer Helmet replica
- A playable cassette tape, plus download codes for lossless digital copies of Mick Gordon's Doom (2016) and Doom Eternal original soundtracks
- Doom lore book with custom artwork by id Software
- One "The Gift of Argent Power" 11" x 17" lithograph
Update: Bethesda has updated fans that the Doom Eternal Collector's edition will not contain the soundtrack for Doom Eternal at release, as it's "not yet complete." Fans will receive a digital code for the Doom (2016) official game soundtrack, and as soon as the Doom Eternal soundtrack is available, all Collector's edition owners will be notified.
Here's where you can pre-order Doom Eternal's Collector's edition, assuming you can find a copy in stock:
- Get it at Amazon -- $200 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at Walmart -- $200 -- PS4 | Xbox One
- Get it at Best Buy -- $200 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
- Get it at GameStop -- $200 -- PS4 | Xbox One | PC
Doom Slayer action figure
If you can't pick up the Collector's edition but still want a little Doom Eternal loot of your own, you can pick up this Doom Slayer action figure from McFarlane Toys, which released this fall. With 22 moving parts, the 7-inch action figure features the Doom Slayer in his space marine armor and comes with a base, the Super Shotgun, extended arm blade, and sheathed arm blade. It'll also come packaged in Doom-themed window box packaging, making an eye-catching addition to any gamer's collection.
- Get it at Amazon -- $26
More Video Game Preorder Guides
- Horizon Forbidden West Preorders Live Now For PS5, PS4
- Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp Preorder Guide - Where To Buy Ahead Of This Month's Launch
- MLB The Show 22 Preorder Guide: MVP Edition, Bonuses, Early Access, And More
- Triangle Strategy Preorders Are Available Now
- Elden Ring Is Up For Preorder Now
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.