Doom Co-Creator Teases FPS Announcement in Star Wars-Like Video

John Romero looks set to announce his next shooter next week.

27 Comments

Doom and Quake co-creator John Romero recently teased a new PC shooter in a tweet, and now he's gearing up for an announcement for that shooter next week.

Romero posted a video on YouTube, titled "The Return." The video is reminiscent of a scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens and features Id Software co-founder Adrian Carmack walking up to John Romero and holding a keyboard and mouse towards him. The video ends with an announcement date of April 25 and a link to Romero's new studio Night Work Games. You can watch the video for yourself below.

Night Work's website says it's developing "a new first-person shooter... in Galway, Ireland." There's currently no other information on the website, but you can sign up to get updates on its progress. What we do know is that it's a first-person shooter on PC, and it's likely that Adrian Carmack is involved in its development.

Earlier this week, a website for fictional company Hoxar Inc. was found and appeared to tease this new shooter. When ShackNews tweeted out its story on the fake company, Romero retweeted it and said, "Yes, there may be something to this" with hashtags for PC and FPS.

We'll keep you updated as more information about Romero's next PC shooter is revealed.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Join the conversation
There are 27 comments about this story