Doom Adding Photo Mode, New Weapon Centering Option, and More in New Update
Doom's first content update is coming very soon.
Bethesda has announced the first major Doom update is coming this week, introducing new features such as a Photo Mode, as well as a series of optimizations and fixes.
The update will land on Thursday, June 30, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It will automatically download on that date for Xbox One and PC, but PS4 users need to toggle "automatic updates" to get it automatically; otherwise, it can be downloaded manually.
Another new feature is a "classic Doom" weapon placement/view option. As you can see in the image above, when this is toggled on, weapons are centered more like the original game.
As for the bug fixes, these span single-player and multiplayer. One multiplayer fix is for when a player would get left behind if they joined a friend in a lobby as the countdown finished. For single-player, this update fixes a problem where Doom required an internet connection on Xbox One.
This is Doom's first content update, but a previous patch improved multiplayer by shortening the wait between matches and introducing new weapon balance changes.
Below are the complete patch notes for Doom's upcoming update.
Doom June 30 Patch Notes:
New Features and Optimizations
- Added Classic Doom weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
- Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps
- Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches
- Single Player
- Fixed Steam Friends' Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed "IDKFA" Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the "Every Nook and Cranny" Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes
- Matchmaking improvements
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.