Doom 3 patch arrives
First official patch for id's major shooter released, fixing a long list of issues.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Id Software has released a v1.1 patch for Doom 3. The 17MB download addresses a number of relatively minor issues in both the single- and multiplayer games, including bugs associated with saved games, weaponry balance, and even some sporadic bugs associated with localized versions of the game.
Today's patch replaces the v1.05 beta patch released earlier.
Among the upgrades and bugs addressed are the following:
- Fixed desktop crash when loading a QuickSave made during influence in EPD Lab in Alphalabs 1.
- Fixed game freezing if in-game MP menu is opened just after a change map vote passes and just before the map changes.
- Fixed duplicate player names shutting down a server during map changes.
- Fixed issue when switching between flashlight and previous weapon after using the PDA.
- Bumped damage up on rocket jumping in multiplayer.
- Decreased damage from chaingun to 25 in multiplayer.
- Exploding barrels to full damage to attacker in multiplayer.
- Increased height for falling damage in multiplayer.
- Changed net_allowCheats to allow cheat commands during network games.
- Fixed projectile launched from wrong position when player exits teleporter while holding fire.
- Fixed rocket launcher dealing no splash damage to player at certain angle in Edge 2.
- Fixed light from flashlight remaining after player is killed.
- Fixed frags going negative when over 64. Max frags now at 100.
- Elevators now return to their home position even if someone is standing on them.
The patch is available at GameSpot's download site, GameSpot DLX.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org