The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Disney's Frozen 2 Out Now On Blu-ray, DVD, Digital: Special Features And Exclusive Editions
Frozen 2 will take you into the unknown digitally on February 11, and a Disney Plus release window has been outlined.
If you missed out on Frozen 2 in theaters, you now have a chance to watch the animated movie from home. It's now arrived on various digital storefronts and just released on Blu-ray and DVD as well. That means you can relive all of the adventures of Elsa, Olaf, and company now, instead of waiting until its Disney+ release date, which is expected to be sometime this summer.
On February 11, Frozen 2 became available on digital storefronts like iTunes, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, Google Play, and more. As of February 25, you can also pick up physical copies of Frozen 2 on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD through various retailers.
It’s been almost six years since our first trip to the kingdom of Arendelle in 2013. In the years since, the blockbuster film has become an established Broadway musical, including a West End show set to arrive in London before the end of the year.
In the latest Disney adventure, Frozen 2 explores why Elsa has magical powers, and she joins Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven on a remarkable journey and adventure through the enchanted forest for answers. Frozen 2 stars Idina Menzel (Uncut Gems) as Elsa, Kristen Bell (The Good Place) as Elsa's sister, Anna, Josh Gad (Little Monsters) as Olaf, Jonathan Groff (Mindhunter) as Kristoff, and Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld) as Queen Iduna. The movie is directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee.
The Frozen sequel was a box office success, making $467 domestically, according to Box Office Mojo. Internationally, the film almost pulled in $1 billion, and globally, Frozen 2 made a grand total of $1.4 billion. Critically, Frozen 2 didn't do as well, critically, compared to the first film. Frozen 2 scored a 64 on Metacritic (GameSpot's sister site), while Frozen scored a 74. In her review on CNET, Patricia Puentes said, "Frozen 2 is full of other delights, like the succession of memorable musical themes and the technically dazzling animation that brings to life a resplendent mythical world."
Below, you'll find all the special features for the home release of Frozen. Keep in mind, a few of these special features are for the digital release only. Plus, read on for all your purchase options for Frozen 2.
Where to buy Frozen 2 on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital
As usual, there's a wide range of options available to buy Frozen 2. If you prefer to own it digitally, you can purchase your copy in HD for $20 and in 4K Ultra HD for $25 at Prime Video, Vudu, and other sites. For physical copies, you can get it on Blu-ray for $25 and 4K Ultra HD for $30. There's even an exclusive two-movie Blu-ray bundle available at Target that includes both Frozen and Frozen 2. Several retailers are also offering exclusive bonuses with their version of Frozen 2, including an exclusive steelbook edition at Best Buy and a limited edition at Target that comes with a filmmaker gallery book.
You can check out your options for purchasing Frozen 2 on Blu-ray and DVD (or buying it digitally) below.
Digital HD -- $20
Digital 4K Ultra HD -- $25
Blu-ray + DVD + Digital -- $25
4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital -- $30
Two-movie bundles (Frozen + Frozen 2)
Retailer-exclusive editions of Frozen 2
Ultimate Collector's Edition (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) -- $32.96
Exclusive Steelbook Edition (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) -- $35
Limited Edition with filmmaker gallery book (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital) -- $35
Frozen 2 home release special features
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Sing-Along Version of the Movie - Sing along with your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection - Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics. Songs include Oscar-nominated "Into The Unknown," "All Is Found," "Some Things Never Change," "When I Am Older," "Lost in the Woods," "Show Yourself," and "The Next Right Thing."
- Outtakes - Laugh along with the cast of Frozen 2 as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth.
- Deleted Scenes - Check out a few scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro - Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their filmmaking process with scenes that didn't make the final cut.
- Prologue - A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room - A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa's past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream - Anna's playful glimpse into Elsa's dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks - Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won't take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own - Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna's lingering doubts about their parents' faith in her.
- Deleted Songs - When it comes to Frozen 2, there can never be too much music. Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro - Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn't make it into the final film.
- "Home" - Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- "I Wanna Get This Right" - Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, "Will it ever be just right?"
- The Spirits of Frozen 2 - Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of Frozen 2.
- Did You Know??? - Olaf asks us the question "Did You Know" as we discover Frozen 2 fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel - Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for Frozen 2.
- Gale Tests - They say you can't see the wind. Only its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test - A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to "give personality to something that's invisible."
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test - A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
- Multi-Language Reel
- "Into the Unknown" in 29 Languages - Hear Elsa's soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages
- Music Videos - Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from Frozen 2.
- "Into the Unkown" (Panic! at the Disco version) - Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of "Into The Unknown" from Frozen 2.
- "Lost in the Woods" (Weezer version) - Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff's epic ballad, "Lost In the Woods."
- Meet the Lopezes - Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from Frozen and Frozen 2.
- Deleted Song "Unmeltable Me" - An animatic version of Olaf's celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org