Dishonored 2 Free Update Adds New Game Plus Mode Today, a Month After Release
The wait for a mission-select option continues.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
A much-anticipated update is now available for Dishonored 2, adding a New Game Plus mode.
As announced last week, Dishonored 2's take on the mode allows you to replay the game using any Bonecharm traits or runes you discovered during your first playthrough. More importantly, it also allows you to access both Corvo and Emily's abilities regardless of which character you choose to play as, which should open the door for even more interesting combos.
This free update comes just over a month after the game first released on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Another conspicuously absent feature--the ability to go back and replay specific levels--won't arrive until a new update arrives in January. That will also provide "custom difficulty" settings to tailor the experience to your liking.
The full patch notes for today's update, courtesy of the Bethesda blog, follow below.
- New Game Plus mode
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
This story has been updated with the official patch notes
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org