Diablo 4 - Barbarian Talents Guide
Learn about the Barbarian's talents in Diablo 4.
The Barbarian in Diablo 4 uses a wide range of armaments. Apart from the skills/abilities that can be unleashed, there are also talents that grant powerful boons. Here's our Diablo 4 Barbarian talents overview guide to help you with the perks that you can unlock and select.
Diablo 4 Barbarian talents
The Diablo 4 Barbarian talents, similar to other classes, use a tier grouping system. You can unlock certain options upon spending some talent points, and a few can also be upgraded further. We've enumerated them below, noting the possible upgrades and connected nodes. Likewise, you'll want to look at each passive's effect. Some provide general buffs to weapon types, while others synergize with specific mechanics (i.e., bleeding, berserking, fortify, and more).
Core tier/grouping talent options
- Pressure Point - Lucky Hit; Core skills have a chance to make enemies vulnerable.
- Endless Fury - Basic skills grant more fury when using two-handed weapons.
Defensive tier/grouping talent options
- Imposing Presence - Gain additional max life.
- Martial Vigor - Increased damage reduction versus elites.
- Outburst - Gain thorns for each bonus max life you have.
- Tough as Nails - Increases thorns value; enemies take additional thorns damage as bleeding.
Brawling tier/grouping talent options
- Swiftness - Increases your movement speed.
- Quick Impulses - Reduces the duration of movement impairing effects.
- Booming Voice - Increases the duration of shouts.
- Raid Leader - Gradually heals the HP of allies when you use shouts.
- Guttural Yell - Shouts reduce the damage dealt by enemies.
- Aggressive Resistance - Berserking provides damage reduction.
- Battle Fervor - Gain berserking when a Brawling skill damages an enemy.
- Prolific Fury - Increased fury generation while berserking.
Weapon Mastery tier/grouping talent options
- Pit Fighter - Increases damage dealt versus close enemies and reduces distant damage taken.
- No Mercy - Increases crit chance versus immobilized, slowed, and stunned enemies.
- Slaying Strike - Deal increased damage versus injured targets (i.e., below 35% HP).
- Expose Vulnerability - Dealing direct damage with a Weapon Mastery skill lets you next Core skill apply vulnerable to targets.
- Thick Skin - Taking direct damage causes you to gain a percentage of your base life as fortify (i.e., damage reduction when fortify is above your current HP).
- Defensive Stance - Increases damage reduction when you're fortified.
- Counteroffensive - Increases damage you deal when your fortify is over 50% of your max HP.
Ultimate tier/grouping talent options
- Duelist - Increases your attack speed when using one-handed weapons.
- Tempered Fury - Increases your maximum fury.
- Furious Impulse - Gain fury whenever you swap weapons.
- Invigorating Fury - Heal for a percentage of your max HP for every 100 fury you spend.
- Heavy Handed - Increased critical damage when using two-handed weapons.
- Brute Force - Overpowers deal increased damage when using two-handed weapons.
- Wallop - Increased damage against stunned or vulnerable enemies when using bludgeoning weapons.
- Concussion - Lucky Hit; one-handed and two-handed bludgeoning weapons have a chance to stun enemies.
The Diablo 4 Barbarian talents also have Key Passives, which are unlocked once you spend 33 skill points. However, you're only allowed to choose one.
- Unconstrained - +5 seconds to berserking's maximum duration and +25% damage bonus.
- Walking Arsenal - Two-handed bludgeoning, two-handed slashing, and dual-wielded weapons grant +10% increased damage for 10 seconds. When all these bonuses from various weapons are active, gain ++15% increased damage.
- Unbridled Rage - +135% increased damage dealt for Core skills, but they cost 100% more fury.
- Gushing Wounds - Increases the bleed amount by 100% of your critical damage; overpowering a bleeding enemy also causes an explosion that further applies the bleed effect in an area.
Diablo 4 is currently in its beta stage. As such, some of the information here may change as we get closer to the game's official launch on June 6. We'll update this guide accordingly. For now, you may visit our class hub.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation