Diablo 3 Season 20 Is Live: Theme, Rewards, And Builds
Diablo 3 has begun Season 20--here's everything to expect on PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC.
Diablo III is still going strong eight years on, with Season 20 having begun on March 13. Players on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One can now jump into this new season, called the Season of the Forbidden Archives, and reap the benefits of Blizzard's continued updates. Here's what to look forward to this season, which is now live.
The Season of the Forbidden Archives will have a lore focus on Kanai's Cube, as well as "the equally celebrated and reviled Horadrim, Zoltun Kulle," who will help you tap into some tremendous powers. The new season comes not long after the release of update 2.6.8, which introduced three new class sets--one each for Barbarian, Wizard, and Witch Doctor.
During Season 20, you'll be able to equip three additional Legendary powers into the slots of Kanai's Cube, with no category restrictions for what you can do. You'll be able to mix and match between Weapon, Armor, and Jewelry powers, meaning you could have, for instance, three Weapon powers if you wanted to.
New End of Journey rewards will also be available, so players who already played through Season 8 will still have the incentive to keep at it. Players who complete the season's content will nab the Teganze Warrior Portrait Frame and a Bat pet, both seen below.
As with previous seasons, you can also reach the Conqueror rank and earn extra stash tabs. You can earn up to five stash tabs by completing these objectives:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Warm Thoughts: Kill Izual at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai's Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
And, as always, you can unlock new Class Sets as you complete Chapters 2-4 of the Season. To get all three pieces of a Class Set for one character, you'll want to play through each Chapter with them. Here are the new Class Sets for this season:
- Barbarian – Immortal King's Call
- Crusader – Seeker of the Light
- Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
- Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
- Necromancer – Trag'Oul's Avatar
- Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
- Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.