Diablo 3 Console Issues Being Investigated by Blizzard
Blizzard asks players to provide with as much information as possible.
Diablo III's big 2.4 update brought a new area and changes to seasonal characters, but it seems it's also brought performance issues to the console versions of the game. Some of these issues include frame rate drops and button lag. Players who have noticed this might be happy to know that developer Blizzard is looking into the issue.
A player took to the forums to report the issues he'd encountered with Diablo III after the 2.4 patch. Soon enough, other players started echoing the complaints. Blizzard community manager Andrew Kauz replied, saying that the developer hasn't been able to reproduce the issues people are having. Kauz asks players to reply to his post with information in order to help the team at Blizzard pinpoint what's causing the issues and fix them.
The following information has been requested:
- Platform (Xbox One or PS4)
- Region (US, Europe, etc)
- Character Class
- Skills used
- Are you playing solo or party? If party, with how many other players?
- Do you notice this at specific in-game locations?
- For those experiencing menu issues, what menus?
- Description of performance issues. Is framerate dropping constant? Do you notice it sometimes more than others? Do you notice it when performing certain tasks?
- Is there any other information you think could be relevant?
- How much free space is available on your system?
Associate community manager Brandy Camel (aka Nevalistis) posted on the forums saying the amount of remaining storage on the console might be what's impacting the issue. If you haven't already, she asks players to share how much free space is available on their system.
We will keep this story updated as more information becomes available.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com