Destruction AllStars Patch Balances Daily And Weekly Challenges, Fixes Server Issues
The latest hotfix for Lucid Games' PS5 exclusive readjusts how you can earn in-game currency.
The destruction derby-style game is free with PlayStation Plus currently, but still feature in-game currencies for its various microtransactions. Lucid Games has identified that players want more ways to earn AllStar coins through play, which is why weekly challenges will now reward you with the currency instead of XP. Daily challenges will make up the shortfall, rewarding you with 25,000 XP as opposed to just 3000.
The patch also addresses a variety of technical issues, specifically relating to server crashes in Gridfall and numerous client failures. The patch also fixes instances where players in a party would be divided into different games at the end of a match, forcing everyone to regroup and try again.
Hotfix 1.2.3 is live now on PS5 and comes hot on the heels of the game's first hotfix. That one addressed the vocal complaints surrounding the default setting for in-game chat and the ability to turn it off easily. You can find the full patch notes for the latest hotfix below. GameSpot's review of Destructions AllStars is coming soon.
Destruction AllStars Hotfix 1.2.3
- Weekly Reset time has been set to Wednesday 3pm UTC
- Weekly Challenges now award AllStar Coins instead of XP
- XP rewards for Daily Challenges have been increased from 3k to 25k
- Fixed several issues preventing successful matchmaking
- Reduced the frequency of parties being split into different games at the end of a match
- Fixed an instance of the UI incorrectly reverting player level
- Fixed several server crashes relating to Gridfall
- Fixed several client crashes
- Improved some error message descriptions
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.