Destiny Update Patch Notes Arrive as Iron Banner Goes Live
The new update fixes bugs, while the Iron Banner game mode is Clash.
Update 220.127.116.11 fixes a number of problems, including one where items required to complete Patrol activities in the Plaguelands did not drop as intended. The update also clears out a problem where some of Xur's Curios were not available to buy, including Three of Coins.
Additionally, the patch fixes exploits in the Crucible where players could leave the battlefield on more than a dozen maps. You can see a rundown of these maps in the full patch notes below.
The other big Destiny news today is that Iron Banner is back. This time, the game type is Clash, which is Destiny's version of Team Deathmatch. This newest Iron Banner, the first of 2017, runs for a week, ending on Tuesday, January 24. As usual, there are some spiffy-looking rewards up for grabs--see them here.
2017 is poised to be a big year for Destiny. As announced previously, Bungie plans to launch Destiny 2 during the year, though the game has yet to be formally unveiled.
Destiny 18.104.22.168 Patch Notes:
- Fixed an issue where the items required to complete Plaguelands Patrols were not dropping
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from purchasing SRL Momentum gear from the Holiday Collection
- Fixed an issue with the Snow Dreg and Felwinter Souvenir consumables not recovering to Postmaster
- Fixed an issue where not all of Xur's Curios were being sold, including Three of Coins
- Added invisible physics and kill volumes to stop players from getting out of the intended playable space on:
- Blind Watch
- The Burning Shrine
- Cathedral of Dusk
- The Cauldron
- The Drifter
- The Dungeons
- Exodus Blue
- Floating Gardens
- Fixed an issue with the recoil stat on Abbadon and Nova Mortis
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.