Destiny DLC "The Dark Below" Launches December 9, Raises Level Cap
Single download to cost $20 (£20), Activision confirms.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Activision and Bungie today announced that the first expansion for Destiny--called The Dark Below--will launch on December 9 across all platforms. It features new weapons and gear, as well as fresh story, co-op, and multiplayer activities. See below for full details on The Dark Below.
"Destiny was created as a living universe, which has allowed us to improve the experience post launch in real-time," Bungie president Harold Ryan said in a statement. "It also gives us insight into the things players are looking for in new content. We've seen from feedback that people want new activities, gear and weapons, and of course the immensely popular Raid. The community helps shape our development decisions and that’s really important to us."
Courtesy of Activision, The Dark Below will contain the following:
- New weapons, armor, and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions--after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Eris in the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New cooperative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master, Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas
- Pantheon--set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors
- Skyshock--an old interplanetary defense array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements
- The Cauldron--an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive cooperative Strike, The Undying Mind, and more (timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015)
The Dark Below is the first of two announced Destiny expansions included with the game's $35 DLC pass. If you don't own the pass, you can buy The Dark Below for $20 in the US and £20 in the UK. The next expansion is called House of Wolves, though Bungie has not announced what it will feature or when it will be released.
Are you planning to buy The Dark Below in December? Let us know in the comments below!
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com