Destiny Age Of Triumph Update Detailed During Livestream
The event has now ended.
[UPDATE] The show has now ended. A roundup of the key points can be found below.
Age of Triumph Livestream Takeaways:
- All raids are coming up to the current Light Level; Light Level is not being raised.
- Brings back the old raids, including Crota's End, Vault of Glass, King's Fall, and Wrath of the Machine.
- Every raid will have new ornamental armor.
- There will be weekly featured raids, featuring modifiers that make it even tougher.
- It's the last major live event for Destiny before Destiny 2.
- Includes the biggest record book Bungie has ever made. It's 13 pages long.
- Bungie wants every Destiny player to be able to use the record book. There will be distinctions for things like playing the game at launch completing all of the story, and also items for newer players.
- No one will be more than half way through the book at the start, even if they've been playing Destiny since launch.
- Age of Triumph is launching on March 28.
- Destiny 1 will stay online "for the foreseeable" future.
The original story is below.
Bungie will announce more details on Destiny's Age of Triumph update today during a livestream. The show kicks off at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET, and you can watch it through the Twitch embed above.
The Age of Triumph update introduces a new record book that's described as being the biggest one yet. It covers various Destiny Year 3 tasks, apparently including a trip to the classic Vault of Glass raid. The Speaker also receives some new dialogue.
Today's livestream is the first of three livestreams dedicated to the update. This is all a lead into the release of the update sometime later this month.
Bungie revealed last week that this would be the "final live event" for Destiny as it prepares to launch Destiny 2 later this year. That game will allow you to transfer your character's looks, but none of their experience or equipment.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation