Destiny 2's Updated Calendar: New Shadowkeep Dungeon, Exotic Quests
Get ready to chase new guns and play new activities in Destiny 2 with the release of Shadowkeep and the Season of the Undying.
Update: Bungie apparently re-posted its content calendar with a slight update, removing the Divinity Exotic quest and replacing it with one for a gun called Xenophage. Previous speculation had it that Divinity was an Exotic you earn from the Garden of Salvation Raid, so it might be that Bungie made a mistake in posting it on the calendar to begin with. We've updated the calendar image below. All of this begins to roll out on October 1, when both Shadowkeep and New Light (Destiny 2's new free-to-play version) are released. Season of the Undying starts a few days later, on October 5.
Original Story: Destiny 2 is going to have plenty going on to keep Guardians busy with the release of the Shadowkeep expansion and the Season of the Undying. That's according the new content calendar Bungie just released that shows off what to expect. We knew the new content would bring lots of changes and a few new activities, but Bungie's latest details also include some Exotic weapons quests, and perhaps most interestingly, a new dungeon.
Thanks to the latest This Week at Bungie, we now have some idea of the new live content to expect with the release of the big new Shadowkeep expansion, as well as Destiny 2's next season. Bungie released a content calendar image that runs down everything that's coming in October and November, and explains what you'll get for free and what comes with a purchase of Shadowkeep.
The image also gives a few new details about what's going on in the Season of the Undying, the first live-content season of Destiny 2's Year Three. We had some idea of what that season was all about: it covers the Vex response to what the Hive are up to on the moon in Shadowkeep. According to the content calendar, the Vex will launch their own offensive on the moon starting on October 5, the same day the Vex-centric Garden of Salvation raid is released. Things on the Vex front pick up again in November, with an event called "Vex Offensive: Final Assault."
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2 King's Fall Raid Guide: How To Beat Every Encounter And Open Every Secret Chest
- Five Years Of Destiny 2's Dramatic, Transformational Changes
- Destiny 2: Season Of Plunder Guides, Season Pass Gear, Exotics
- Destiny 2 Season Of Plunder: Seasonal Challenges Guide Week 10
- How To Get Map Fragments, Treasure Coordinates, And Maps In Destiny 2: Season Of Plunder
Also on the list is an Exotic quest for a gun called Xenophage. Bungie previously listed the quest as one of Divinity, which players previously believed would be the Exotic weapon hidden in the Garden of Salvation raid, similar to Tarrabah in Crown of Sorrows, One Thousand Voices in Last Wish, or Anarchy in Scourge of the Past. This change suggests that might still be the case.
Not all of the content on the calendar is free. Most of it requires the purchase of the $40 Shadowkeep expansion, which also includes the Season of the Undying content. Destiny 2 will also have three more seasons after that, which players can buy a la carte or as part of a new Season Pass.
Here's everything on the content calendar and what you'll have to buy to get it:
- Moon destinations
- Seasonal Artifact
- Finisher moves
- Armor 2.0 system
- Festering Core Strike
- The Scarlet Keep Strike
- Widow's Court PvP Map (reprised from Destiny 1)
- Twilight Cap PvP Map (reprised from Desitny 1)
- Fragment PvP Map
- Free Seasonal Rank rewards
- Elimination Crucible mode
- Iron Banner event (October 15)
- Momentum Control PvP Mode (October 29)
- Festival of the Lost seasonal event (October 29-November 19)
- Garden of Salvation Raid (October 5)
- Hero & Legend Nightmare Hunts (October 8)
- Master Nightmare Hunts (October 15)
- Dungeon Launch (October 29)
- Xenophage Exotic Quest (October 29)
- First Raid Challenge (November 5)
Season of the Undying (Included with Shadowkeep)
- Vex Offensive begins (October 5)
- Leviathan's Breath Exotic Quest (October 22)
- Vex Offensive: Final Assault (November 19)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.