Destiny 2's Prophecy Dungeon Coming Back With Next Update
After disappearing with Destiny 2's other vaulted content, the game's latest dungeon will soon be available again.
The Prophecy dungeon launched in Destiny 2 back in June, adding another inventive, high-level activity to the game that wasn't one of its six-player raids. But when the Beyond Light expansion was released, a whole slate of Destiny 2 content was removed from the game, with no information as to when (or if) it might return. Prophecy wasn't quite in the same boat as destinations like Mars, Mercury, Titan, Io, and the Leviathan--Bungie always said it would come back after Beyond Light's release--but we didn't know exactly when, until now.
Bungie included an update on Prophecy's return in its latest This Week at Bungie blog post. We now know that Prophecy will be back in the game very soon: December 8. That's the date of the game's next weekly reset, which will see a new patch, Update 3.0.1, that fixes some issues and adds a few extra elements along with Prophecy.
Those extra goodies are the next-generation upgrades that Destiny 2 will receive for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S players. Right now, the game is available on both platforms, but only as the backwards compatible version for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The update coming to Destiny 2 on December 8 upgrades the game for next-gen players, amping up framerates to 60 fps, offering 4k resolutions, and speeding up load times.
Bungie hasn't released the full patch notes for Update 3.0.1, but you can check out a preview of the notes below.
While it won't come with Update 3.0.1, Bungie also announced that the Trials of Osiris is coming back to Destiny 2 after nearly a month of being disabled in the game. The high-ranking multiplayer tournament is set to return on December 18 after another future hotfix deals with issues that caused Bungie to disable it in the first place.
Update 3.0.1 Patch Notes Preview
Dungeons - Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora's waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player's class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the "Survivor" medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the "Untouchable" medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle's description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris's perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being "Killed by the Architects."
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2 Presage Captain's Log Guide: All 5 Scan Objects For The Seasonal Challenge
- Destiny 2: Where Is Xur This Week? Exotic Items / Location Guide (April 16-20)
- Destiny 2 Dead Man's Tale Catalyst Guide
- Destiny 2 Proving Ground Strike: How To Find All VIPs And Complete The Seasonal Challenge
- Destiny 2 Season Of The Chosen: Seasonal Challenges Guide
- Destiny 2 Presage Guide: How To Start The Voice On The Other Side Exotic Quest For Dead Man's Tale
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.