Destiny 2 Update Patch Notes Detail Nerfs For Warlock Stasis Abilities
The new abilities for Warlocks in Beyond Light have been overpowered in both PvE activities and the Crucible, but Bungie has reigned them in with a new hotfix.
With the new Beyond Light expansion to Destiny 2 has come a new slate of powers called Stasis, which give players the ability to freeze and shatter enemies--and each other. In the case of the Warlock class, those abilities have been a little too powerful, allowing fireteams to ravage raid bosses and players to dominate in the Crucible. In Destiny 2's latest hotfix, Warlock Stasis abilities got a pretty universal nerf, and a few other issues got fixed along the way as well. [Update: Bungie has released another Destiny 2 patch, this one being hotfix update 18.104.22.168.]
Bungie shared the patch notes for Hotfix 22.214.171.124 on its website, where it ran down just how much the Warlock Shadebinder subclass is getting tweaked. The most significant changes are in the duration for freezes against other players in the Crucible, Destiny's player-vs.-player arena. Previously, getting nailed by Warlock Stasis abilities would freeze you solid for a full 4.75 seconds, which was pretty much a death sentence. After the hotfix, Warlock freezing abilities will lock you up for a much more modest 1.35 seconds.
The Warlock Super ability, which allows players to shoot ice crystals to freeze enemies and then release a blast of energy to shatter them, has been nerfed as well. The duration of the Super has been reduced from 30 seconds to 24 seconds, which, paired with the reduction in freeze times, should make it a little less dominant in Crucible play. Bungie also reduced the damage created by freezing enemies, which should make it a little more realistic to survive getting hit by Stasis (and make it tougher for players to completely ravage bosses with ice).
While the changes to Shadebinder are the major focus of the update, Bungie also fixed some other persistent issues as well. Witherhoard, an Exotic grenade launcher from last year, was bugged in Beyond Light and had to be disabled, but that issue has been fixed and the gun is available for use again. Bungie also fixed an issue with Pinnacle gear drops that was causing them to come in at lower levels than they should have been, and squashed a bug with the Exodus Crash Strike that caused it to be disabled as well.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2 Presage Captain's Log Guide: All 5 Scan Objects For The Seasonal Challenge
- Destiny 2: Where Is Xur This Week? Exotic Items / Location Guide (April 16-20)
- Destiny 2 Dead Man's Tale Catalyst Guide
- Destiny 2 Proving Ground Strike: How To Find All VIPs And Complete The Seasonal Challenge
- Destiny 2 Season Of The Chosen: Seasonal Challenges Guide
- Destiny 2 Presage Guide: How To Start The Voice On The Other Side Exotic Quest For Dead Man's Tale
Check out the full patch notes below.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the Coriolis Force Fusion Rifle was getting more ammo than intended from ammo bricks.
- Fixed an issue where the Witherhoard damage debuff wasn't being removed properly.
- Witherhoard has now been re-enabled.
- Fixed exploits with the Warlock Shadebinder Super.
- Stasis breakout damage reduced (110->90hp).
- Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using Resilience.
- Increased the damage reduction effect Resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable.
- Caps out at 90 Resilience.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).
- Winter's Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (was 30s now 24s).
- Winter's Wrath light attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (was 5% per burst, now 4.5% per burst).
- Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%.
- Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Winter's Wrath heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
- Fixed an issue where Pinnacle rewards were not dropping at the correct Power.
- Fixed an issue where several repeatable bounties were providing more XP than intended.
- Fixed an issue on Exodus Crash where the Spider Tank wasn't spawning.
- Exodus Crash has been re-enabled.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ARUGULA errors.
- Fixed an issue where Fragment pursuits were purchasable with a full inventory.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.