Destiny 2 Update 220.127.116.11 Patch Notes
Here's what to expect once you get hotfix 18.104.22.168 installed, including the return of Rose.
The first new update since the release of Destiny 2's Beyond Light expansion is here, and it's a relatively minor one. While we've seen some serious issues cropping up, hotfix 22.214.171.124 resolves a variety of problems, including one that led to a gun being disabled. [Update: A new Destiny 2 update has been released on December 14.]
Part of the big 3.0 update included changing fire rates on many weapons, and this update adjusts the Rose hand cannon (the one tied to the Exotic hand cannon Lumina) to have its intended 140 RPM firing rate. It had previously been set to 150 RPM, leading to the gun being temporarily disabled. Meanwhile, the Exotic grenade launcher Witherhoard remains disabled following this update.
For Xbox One and Series X/S players, the update addresses a crash when interacting with the Vault at the Tower, so you should have no need to fear diving into your library of items. Across all platforms, there are also unspecified backend changes related to stability.
In the new Exotic Archive, Heir Apparent has been removed from the Monument to Lost Lights. Additionally, a problem where the emblems that come with the Collectors Edition has been fixed, and that should now be properly granted and show up in Collections as intended.
You can read the full patch notes below for the update--which is out now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC, and Stadia--or check out our guide on where to find Xur for his first trip of the Beyond Light era, and then check out our Beyond Light early review impressions for our thoughts on the new DLC expansion so far.
DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 126.96.36.199
- Resolved an issue where Destiny 2 could crash when players interacted with the Vault in the Tower on Xbox consoles.
- Implementing backend changes to improve Destiny 2 service stability.
- Adjusted Rose’s fire rate from 150 RPM to its intended 140 RPM.
- Players may once again equip this legendary hand cannon.
- Heir Apparent has been removed from the Monument to Lost Lights – Exotic Archive.
- Resolved an issue where Collectors Edition emblems were not being granted or appearing in collections properly.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.