Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124 Patch Notes: More Tweaks To Trials Of Osiris
Trials of Osiris needed a few more tweaks since its return in September.
Destiny 2's Update 126.96.36.199 went live today, and patch notes reveal additional changes to the competitive PvP mode Trials of Osiris. Trials of Osiris returned in September and has gone through multiple changes since.
There were still issues that needed to be sorted out. Trials no longer allows fireteam leaders to access the game mode if their gear power level is too low. There was an issue with matchmaking where Flawless players with new tickets would be matched with other Flawless players who had new tickets too. That would happen for the first two wins on the fresh ticket and would occur for players who were not in Flawless matchmaking, but Bungie has patched that. Also, capturing zones--which are used towards the end of a round when both teams still have players on the field--will no longer grant Super energy. Additional changes to Trials include a tooltip to disable the seasonal artifact and power level, and visiting the Lighthouse won't reset any ritual activity streaks.
The Corrupted strike on the Dreaming City went through some changes, primarily for Nightfalls. In addition to fixing the elevator console, Bungie fixed an issue with the boss fight where Sedia's shield quickly regenerated. The shield will now regenerate at a pace similar to the Vanguard playlist version.
The ongoing Festival of the Lost activity brought back spooky weapons such as Horror Story and Braytech Werewolf, along with the brand new dinosaur-themed Jurassic Green. With the patch, players will obtain these weapons with consistent power levels when they drop.
Bungie solved other issues with weapons where they wouldn't reload properly when picking up a relic during the reload animation. Also, the Demolitionist trait on Legendary weapons will work as intended: Weapons will now reload when players use a grenade.
Destiny 2 188.8.131.52 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the elevator console sometimes couldn't be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where Sedia's shields would regenerate faster than expected on Nightfall difficulties.
- Her shields now regenerate based on health threshold in Nightfalls, just like they do in Direct Launch or the Vanguard Playlist.
Trials of Osiris
- Capturing zones in Trials of Osiris no longer grants Super energy.
- Trials of Osiris now restricts access of fireteam leaders if they have not reached the appropriate gear power level.
- Added tooltip for Artifact Power Disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused flawless players who reset to their ticket to prioritize matching with other flawless resetters for the first two wins on the new ticket.
- This issue would occur even when Flawless matchmaking was disabled.
- Traveling to the simulated Lighthouse will no longer reset ritual activity streaks.
- Fixed an issue where the notification toast for 1 or more pending Bungie Friend requests could appear blank for some players immediately after character select.
- Lowered step 7 objective of the Forsaken Campaign Quest from completing 5 Spider Bounties to 4 so players can reasonably complete this quest step in a single day.
- Fixed an issue where Demolitionist was not reloading the weapon when a grenade was thrown.
- Fixed an issue where picking up a relic during a reload animation will result in ammo duplication.
- Weapons will now correctly reload from reserves.
- Festival of the Lost Weapons (Jurassic Green, Braytech Werewolf, and Horror Story) now drop at a consistent power level.
- Fixed an issue where the Prophecy ghost shell's ears were not colorful.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.