Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Known Issues And Important Details
Shadowkeep and New Light are out with a new update; here are the issues to be aware of.
Update 2: We're now in Day 2 of Shadowkeep/New Light, and Destiny 2's server/sign-in issues appear to be largely resolved for the time being. Bungie also reports that Beaver errors should have subsided, though it's still investigating Weasel errors. In the meantime, it recommends avoiding using Cyrillic letters for their clan. Also worth being aware of is an issue where players don't receive the seasonal Artifact, the Gate Lord's Eye, when they claim it while in an equipment-locked activity, such as the Nightfall. Finally, Bungie says PC players encountering migration issues should try to manually retry the migration process through its website. For an up-to-date list of current issues, check out Bungie's forum thread.
We are investigating reports from players encountering issues with PC Migration. We will provide updates when they are available.— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) October 2, 2019
In the meantime, if possible, players should attempt to retry migration here: https://t.co/hQ94UDIR6v
October 1 is a big day for Destiny 2. The game's next big expansion, Shadowkeep, releases on October 1 alongside the new free-to-play version, New Light, which includes a generous amount of content and allows anyone to dive right into the game. [Update: Destiny 2 is now back online and you can potentially jump in to start playing. However, Bungie has warned of possible sign-in issues, which manifest themselves in the form of a queue where you're presented with an error saying servers are "temporarily at capacity." Additionally, Steam's unlocking process seems to be taking at least some players a long time. In the meantime, there's a long list of 184.108.40.206 patch notes to check out.]
Just ahead of launch, developer Bungie has published a list of important information and known issues to be aware of. The developer shared these in a Twitter thread, and some of them sound quite serious and significant.
For example, Bungie said one of the issues is that for some players who started Destiny 2 "right before" the September 30 maintenance will see their character in the game on October 1 with 0 Power. To resolve this error, players must delete their character, Bungie said.
Before Destiny 2: Shadowkeep and New Light launch on October 1, we want players to be aware of certain issues and information before logging in the first time.— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) September 30, 2019
A thread (1/11):
This is just one of the "top issues" that Bungie is investigating currently. You can see the rest of these issues, along with important information to know below, as written by Bungie.
With Shadowkeep and New Light on the way, there has been some amount of confusion over which version of the game you might want to pick up. You can check out GameSpot's video above to see a breakdown of what's included in each version and what's aimed at new, returning, and veteran players.
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep And New Light Things To Know:
- Season Passes will be applied to the first set of characters that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use other characters later, it's recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in.
- Pre-order and bonus items can be found on Eris Morn after completing the first Moon mission. Forsaken subclasses are only available with a Forsaken or Shadowkeep game license. Pulling Legendary armor from Collections will always give Armor 1.0.
- Certain achievements/trophies can only be unlocked by owning Forsaken. The Premonition Legendary Pulse Rifle incorrectly states that it’s “Found by exploring the Moon” but the source is actually from the new dungeon, which will become available soon.
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep And New Light Known Issues:
- Players have to wait a week if the “Firewall” quest step is dismantled after completing Eris' weekly bounty. If the “Luna’s Calling” weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards, and the bounty is reclaimed, player have to wait a week.
- Some players who started Destiny 2 for the first time right before maintenance on 9/30 will be at 0 Power when logging in. To resolve this, players will need to delete that character.
- The “Show Me What You Got” achievement/trophy can’t be unlocked by veteran players with three characters. Only Crucible daily bounties will count towards the Redrix’s Broadsword quest step, “The Constant.”
- Strike Playlist completions will count toward certain exotic quests, but Strikes selected on Destinations won’t. The “Enhance!” EDZ quest is no longer available to veteran characters. The Exodus Black Nessus quest can’t be reclaimed if abandoned.
- Reviewing Crucible Engrams will incorrectly state that Forsaken is required to earn them. Certain warnings will appear for Nightfalls that require players to have certain mods equipped, but won’t account for teammate loadouts.
- The Scan Patrol Triumph won’t gain progress if scans are completed in the Moon’s Chasm area. Lunafaction Boots incorrectly state that using them in Rifts will automatically reload weapons, but they will actually increase weapon reload speed.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com