Destiny 2 Season Of The Chosen: Guides, Season Pass Gear, Exotics, And More
Here's everything you need to know about Destiny 2's Season of the Chosen.
Season of the Chosen is officially underway in Destiny 2, and there's a lot to check out already. More content will be introduced over the course of the season, but already we have a new activity, hub location, Strike, Exotic, challenge system, balance changes, and much more.
If you're looking for the nitty-gritty changes to the game, you'll want to check out the Season of the Chosen patch notes. But that only begins to touch on what's new, and you might need some help sorting through everything that's new and different. You can check out our Season of the Chosen guides and rundown on all of the key new additions, including all of the unlocks in the season pass, below.
- Ticuu's Divination
- Salvager's Salvo
- Battlegrounds, HELM, Hammer of Proving, And Umbral Engrams
- Empress Caiatl
- Seasonal Challenges
- Season Pass Unlocks
Ticuu's Divination is a new Exotic bow as part of Season of the Chosen. It's a fun addition to the game, firing auto-tracking shots at multiple targets when fired from the hip, while aiming down the sights allows you to detonate targets you've marked. Season pass owners get it for free right at Rank 1, but even free players can get their hands on it by leveling up the season pass to Rank 35. Once you've got it, you can word toward getting the Exotic catalyst or the Ticuu's Divination ornament that awaits at the end of the season pass.
- Ticuu's Divination Exotic Bow Is Great Fun, Once You Know How To Use It
- Ticuu's Divination Exotic Catalyst Guide
Another new weapon this season is Salvager's Salvo, an Energy-slot grenade launcher. Unlike Ticcu's Divination, don't expect a route to getting your hands on it quickly: Unlocking it involves completing the Messy Business quest, which is intended to be the sort of thing you work on over the course of the season. That doesn't mean you can't speed the process along, however, so be sure to check out our guide for tips on how to approach the quest.
Battlegrounds, HELM, Hammer of Proving, And Umbral Engrams
HELM serves as your new base of operations for Season of the Chosen, housing many of the Tower's key functions (like Vault access and a postmaster) and quest givers. It's also where you'll make use of Umbral Engrams, which make a return from the past as a means of letting you have control over the types of gear you receive. There's also the Hammer of Proving, which serves as a key component in taking part in Battlegrounds, a new core activity for this season where you'll challenge Cabal enemies.
- Challenger's Proving Quest Guide
- Destiny 2 Battlegrounds Guide
- Hammer Of Proving Explained
- How Umbral Engrams And Prismatic Recaster Work
- HELM And War Table Explained
As teased in a trailer ahead of the new season, the major villain this time around is the Cabal Empress Caiatl. You might not recognize that name, but she's the daughter of the fun-loving Calus and the one who assumed control of the Cabal after you dealt with Ghaul in the vanilla Destiny 2 campaign. There's a lot more to know about her, so if you're interested in having a better grasp on Season of the Chosen's narrative, check out our lore recap.
Among the changes in Season of the Chosen is how you're tasked with objectives. A number of weekly bounties have been removed, and in their place, Bungie has introduced what are called seasonal challenges. These feature a wide array of tasks and will be rolled out in sets for the first 10 weeks of the season. But unlike weekly bounties, you'll have the duration of the season to complete these challenges once they're added to the game, so you aren't penalized for taking a break from the game.
Season Pass Unlocks
While the same armor can be earned in both tiers, premium season pass owners can grab that new gear three times and with higher energy ratings, thus requiring fewer valuable resources to be spent on them. If you're interested in what Destiny 2 has to offer in the Season of the Chosen, you can read the list below that highlights the best gear to earn and see what the new armor sets will look like.
Free Season Pass
- Rank 5 – Praefectus gauntlets, 1 Energy
- Rank 10 – Praefectus leg armor, 1 Energy
- Rank 15 – Praefectus Mark / Bond / Cloak, 1 Energy
- Rank 20 – Praefectus chest armor, 1 Energy
- Rank 25 – Praefectus helmet, 1 Energy
- Rank 30 – Threaded Needle legendary fusion rifle
- Rank 35 – Ticcu's Divination Exotic Bow
- Rank 45 – Brass Attacks legendary sidearm
- Rank 55 – Exotic cipher
- Rank 65 – Exotic engram
Premium Season Pass
- Rank 1 – Premium Titan / Warlock / Hunter rewards (Ticcu's Divination Exotic bow, Praefectus armor, and resources)
- Rank 4 – Enhancement Cores
- Rank 10 – Shield Slam Finisher
- Rank 14 – Praefectus gauntlets, 3 Energy
- Rank 17 – Praefectus armor, 3 Energy
- Rank 21 – 25 Legendary Shards
- Rank 24 – Praefectus Mark / Bond / Cloak, 3 Energy
- Rank 25 – Exotic engram
- Rank 27 – Praefectus chest armor, 3 Energy
- Rank 34 – Praefectus helmet, 3 Energy
- Rank 37 – Praefectus gauntlets, 6 Energy
- Rank 44 – Praefectus leg armor, 6 Energy
- Rank 47 - Praefectus Mark/ Bond/ Cloak, 6 Energy
- Rank 50 – Challenger Exotic Ghost shell
- Rank 64 – Legatus gauntlet ornament
- Rank 67 – Legatus leg armor ornament
- Rank 74 – Exotic engram
- Rank 77 – Legatus Mark /Bond / Cloak ornament
- Rank 87 – Legatus chest armor ornament
- Rank 88 – Exotic engram
- Rank 90 – Blade Breaker Exotic Emote
- Rank 97 – Legatus helmet ornament
- Rank 98 – Exotic engram
- Rank 99 – Blade Breaker Exotic emote
- Rank 100 – Hasta Solari Exotic ornament for Ticcu's Divination Bow
Titan Season Pass Armor and Ornaments
Hunter Season Pass Armor and Ornaments
Warlock Season Pass Armor and Ornaments
Ticuu's Divination bow Exotic ornament
To unlock the new season pass, you'll need to purchase Destiny 2's in-game currency of Silver. You'll need 1000 Silver, which will cost $10 and can be purchased through the online storefronts of the platform that you own the game on. Alternatively, the season pass is included in the Standard + Season Edition of Beyond Light, while the Deluxe Edition offers all four season passes that will be available in 2020 and 2021 before the release of the next Destiny 2 expansion, The Witch Queen.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.